Cyracuz

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:54 am
that's interesting baezer. A lot of interesting things in this thread... Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:04 pm
theantibuddha wrote:
drunkpunk wrote:
I think that its plausible we are an addition to this planet since there is still no 100% link between modern man and his predecesors.

This is what happens when the christians take evolution out of the american school system.

Sad but true. Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:09 pm
Givent the great depth of time on this planet, and the fact that most of the biology we know developed in the last eigth of the planet's history, there could have been pre-archaen civilizations which rose and fell within the first two billion years of Earth history, and we might never know it due to the subduction of the mantle.

A super civilization could have arisen on this planet within the first billion years, and flowered within the second billion, and then vanished before the planet was even half its present age.

Maybe they were small thermo-resistant trilobyte-like things which evolved from early thermophyle bacteria and lived in the cracks of the earth's crust before the oceans had even formed. Perhaps crystaline cities filled the chasms of of a semi molten Earth, only to be poisoned by water and oxygen and the rise of new bacterial colonies, then swallowed by the shifting rocks of eons.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:29 pm
Really gotta wunner what it is 'bout some folks .... seems there's always gonna be a market for the fantastic. Guess that's 'cause its so much less effort and more entertainin' than plain old borin' educated reason.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:40 pm
It is very interesting when you consider that the areas of this planet that have the most advanced structures etc. are the same areas that today are considered third world countries. What could have happend?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:46 pm
timberlandko wrote:
the fantastic... its so much less effort and more entertainin' than plain old borin' educated reason.

That was my bold.

But this kind of fantasy is interesting too, since it tells ya about the persistance of myths.

Intrepid wrote:
It is very interesting when you consider that the areas of this planet that have the most advanced structures etc. are the same areas that today are considered third world countries. What could have happend?

What could have happened? That a few centuries ago, technology evolved enough to keep the inhabitants of the Northern regions from freezing to death... and their lands are fertile, while population was relatively scarse. Good conditions for a civilization to thrive.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 05:06 pm
I have a boring question to contribute. If extraterrestials had the technology to come here from elsewhere in our galaxy or from other galaxies, why did they build such low-tech pyramids? Couldn't they have done less primiritve work? I don't mean to insult the Egyptians or the Toltecs of Tula.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 05:12 pm
Maybe what's left are the foundations of great glass structures, or of some organic computers they had that have long since rotted away. Technology isn't neccecarily iron and plastic.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 05:30 pm
Aye, organic components could be the next step in technological advancement. Yet it is still unlikely, after all, the pyramids look very much like burial chambers... Unless they were already there, and the egyptians just took advantage of the situation; that too however seems unlikely.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 05:44 pm
It seems to me that the existence of pyramidal monuments in Mesoamerica and Egypt are the result of independent invention. I'm only surprised that we don't see them in more areas of the world. It also seems to me that if a technologically primitive civilization wanted to make a VERY impressive structure, whether to function as a calendar (e.g., the Caracol of Chichen Itza) or as a tomb (.e.g, the Egyptian pryamids and The Temple of the Sun at Teotihuacan) or as a sacrifical altar (e.g., the Aztec Teocalli at Tenochtitlan), it would use the image of the largest object in their environment, viz., a mountain. Hence the pyramid. Moreover, the shape of a pyramid is technologically easier to construct than, say, a square, or--to take the extreme--an inverted pyramid, like the public buildings I've seen in La Jolla, Calif. and Tempe, Ariz.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:05 pm
Pyramids did not suddenly appear; the Giza complex represents the culmiation of nearly a millenium of Pyaramid Evolution . It is worth notin' that Meso-American pryamids followed a strikingly similar evolutionary path before the Conquistadores brought the enterprise to an untimely end. Also of note is that the Moundbuilding Cultures of the pre-Columbian central US were followin' a very similar developmental path.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 12:15 am
Just a reminder, Timber. The Mesoamerican pyramids of Central Mexico were built long before the rise of the Aztec empire, with the exception of the double temple dedicated to Tlaloc (rain god) and Huitzilopochtli (sun god), the "Teocalli", built by the Aztecs. The astounding temple complex at Teotihuacan (which the Aztecs thought was built by gods) was built and abandoned centuries before the arrival of the Aztecs from the great Chichimeca (northern deserts); and the Maya temples of the jungles of Guatemala and the Yucatan plateau were long out of use before the arrival of Cortez.
You're right: like the Giza complex, these constructions did not suddenly appear; but at the same time their "evolution" did not have an untimely end with the arrival of the conquistadores. Their time had long passed. Their endings were abrupt, and mysteriously so. But for other complex reasons having nothing to do with Spain.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:54 am
anybody ever do a materials balance for the Mayan ruins to see where the stone came from and any "extraterrestrial" arguments could be solved by seeing how they were quarried.
The various pyramids in the plateau in Egypt , all seem to have their sources at the very same quarries. The tooling indicated that men worked their asses off with old fashioned "star" drills that were mostly copper , then bronze. Imagine how long it took to quarry rock with copper tools, youd need an army of people always sharpening them, theyre so soft.

The details of such endeavors always puts a strong argument against "extraterrestrial " or magic influence.
I like the evolution of the pyramids in Egpt thats show that they had to learn the skill by progressive engineering

Step pyramid led to the "bent pyramid"

JL,From your knowledge, was there any evidence that the more ornate meso American pyramids had models or drawings made? We always seem to assume they did but Ive never seen any posted evidence of "sight holes" or site lines where the engineers went from a small model to a large ascale by running lines from a point to a significant section.
There is some evidence in Kahokia that such a method of building was used, as also the Hopewell culture who built "mounds and snakes and all sorts of large "Moundoglyphs" in Ohio and Indiana.
Archeologists found series of post holes which when crossed by a series of tape lines , defined the shape of the structure well, (if there was a smaller model or drawing)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:42 pm
Farmerman, sorry, that's too technical for me. My skimpy knowlege of archaelogy is confined to findings by archaelogical mesoamericanists, not to the actual process of archaeological discovery and analysis.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 01:07 am
Possible but not probable.
0 Replies

drunkpunk

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 07:38 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
theantibuddha wrote:
drunkpunk wrote:
I think that its plausible we are an addition to this planet since there is still no 100% link between modern man and his predecesors.

This is what happens when the christians take evolution out of the american school system.

Sad but true. Smile
they teach it at my school, they arent supposed to teach creationism, but they do teach evolution.

and i think that if an alien civiliazation had something to do with the pyramids then they would have had the humans of the planet do the work with human tools. that is if the aliens infact didnt settle the planet. which brings be way back to the issue of DNA evidence. I know that all organisms on earth are realted, but isnt it possible that all life on earth was brought by an alien civilization trying to creat a similiar planet to their own? or maybe the alien life took over and eradicated the original life on earth. i dunno, this is just off the top of my head.
0 Replies