Korn Gituarist

Jackofalltrades

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:09 am
Husker wrote
Quote:
Well I'm kind of excited - seeing more members actually defending the faith (Christian).

Glad to see Christians on this site. I've been on the Evolution How? forum and seems to be a one sided battle with only a few Christians standing up for the Faith, and some that do haven't taken the scriptures at what they say and interpret them to fit their way of believing.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:20 am
Quote:
I've been on the Evolution How? forum and seems to be a one sided battle with only a few Christians standing up for the Faith,

I'll jump over there and help you. Smile
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:28 am
Big thanks, I'm getting tired of this battle, but the real war rages in our society and we know the outcome of that final battle :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:31 am
Jesus damn Christ.

Maynard from Tool supposedly "found Jesus" and said he is putting the new album on the backburner. This announcement came on 3/31. I really hope it's an April Fool's joke, or he just met some Mexican named "Jesus."
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 12:02 am
sleeper wrote
Quote:
it pisses me off that he had to quit the band to prove his faith. there's nothing wrong with being in a band.

Nothing wrong with being in a band...glad to see he had the backbone to stand up for what he believes.
Sleeper... don't know what type of music you like. For skater rock check out the BettieRocket label.
I like Chevelle, Skypark,Newsboys and for a special treat I like Steve Taylor but he quit recording and is now producing. He has some good songs pointing fingers at the "Brylcream Preachers" and the "religious T.V. types. Good stuff.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 12:05 am
Slappy, I don't think that was Jesus' middle name, and God's last name is not damn it. If you are trying to get a rise out of some one then go elsewhere. Been there heard that Razz
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:45 pm
Quote:
Maynard from Tool supposedly "found Jesus" and said he is putting the new album on the backburner. This announcement came on 3/31. I really hope it's an April Fool's joke, or he just met some Mexican named "Jesus."

As an avid TooL fan I can assure this is 100% patently false. Maynard in essence does not like the media and tends to lie. Also later on in the News section on the official site it mentions the new release of the album.

Quote:
Well I'm kind of excited - seeing more members actually defending the faith (Christian).

We havent had a real thread that "attacks" the faith. If we did it would be a very one sided battle (it would become logic vs. pure faith and logic always wins).
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:46 pm
Quote:
If you are trying to get a rise out of some one then go elsewhere. Been there heard that Razz

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If it was to get a rise it wouldve been quite lame.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:52 pm
Easy now, my little disciples. It was simply a play on words going along with the topic. If you got a "rise" out of that, I'm sorry for you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:54 pm
Nice, just checked out Tool's website. Can't wait for the next album. Maynard has to redeem himself after putting out that garbage Perfect Circle cover song album.

Maynard was probably indirectly making fun of the Korn guitarist. He responded to an email sent to him from MTV asking it he was really leaving Tool, and he responded with something like "yes, I found jesus(lower case j) -God bless ya'.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 10:28 am
JOAT What other music you like? Ever heard of Hawk Nelson, Kids in the Way, Reliant K...basically anything from radio U?
0 Replies

cash3

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 02:52 pm
the sleeper wrote:
it pisses me off that he had to quit the band to prove his faith. there's nothing wrong with being in a band.

There may not be anything wrong with it to you but when one finds a religion and what the band stands for and records is against their new found morals, it is no longer ok for them to partake in it.[The Band]
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 04:32 am
I'd keep the band and ditch the religion. I do not believe in a God who wishes people to moderate their opinions and statements.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 05:58 am
Quote:
I do not believe in a God who wishes people to moderate their opinions and statements.

No, you choose not to believe in a God who would require that his creation love each other.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:41 am
Dead wrong thunder_runner. An aggressive piece of song lyrices has nothing to do with hate. What do you know about my choices?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
I never even made a comment about your music choices. That may have been my mistake, but I was talking in a more general sense(most of the time when people say things that are about murder, they are generally hateful) What kind of music do you listen to anyways? I listen to "agressive music" too....if it's what I think you mean.
0 Replies