Korn Gituarist

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:50 am
Korn gituarist says faith is real. Follow this link for more info. Very Happy http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=20247
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,034 • Replies: 35
No top replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 11:55 am
That's so awesome! Very Happy Why do people keep saying that religion is a poison? It's all about love, and this man has found it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:00 pm
Religion is not a poison.

One can recover from most poisons.

And religion is not love.

Religion is superstition.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 12:15 pm
Or at least...it makes more sense to guess it is than any of those other things.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:32 am
Hate is love too. The distorted kind.

Quote:
Religion is not a poison.

One can recover from most poisons.

You can recover from religion as well. Once upon a time all humans were religious.

How's this for legalization debate:

Banned drugs: Pot, speed, heroin... the list goes on

Legal drugs: Alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, religion....
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:38 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
And religion is not love.

Please explain how Jesus's message was not about love.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:44 am
Jesus' message was not religion. It was love. Religion is not love.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:54 am
There is a REAL difference between religion and Christianity. Even athesiests are religious, (however I don't have enough faith to be atheist :wink: ) The BIG question is what happens when you die. Brian "Head" Welch recovered from the poisons of sin through the real antidote of the pure truth of the word of Christ and his salvation. I see so many posts where people take the word of God and use small bites out of context to prove their point however if they used the whole passage of scripture IN CONTEXT it would defeat their flawed reasoning. I really wish people would read their bible cover to cover (preferably 2 or 3 times) before voicing their opinions. There are always going to be antagonists to the Christian faith that say what we believe is numbing our minds and turning us into mindless robots, but if they could really experience the freedom of this loving God they would understand (yes, God is a loving God but we choose to follow our own paths and pay for our mistakes). God does not send people to hell, one chooses to go to hell by not believing in God. It all started before creation when God's most beautiful angel decided to exercise the free will God allowed him, and lucifer to went against God. It is like when a father tells his son not to touch the burner on the stove because it is hot yet the boy does it anyway. When it is all said and done we all know what happens in the end...read the back of the Bible (Revelations) We could go on and on but the antagonists will believe what they want and the Christians (and other religious people) will believe in their Faith/faiths. But some will come to see the truth and it will set them free. Now I guess I will sit back and dodge the flack from both sides :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
Religion-christianity.

I think the relation is the same as in money-dollar

Quote:

I really wish people would read their bible cover to cover (preferably 2 or 3 times) before voicing their opinions.

The questions of what happens when we die, of how to live a good life, of morality and love, are questions that concern all humans, not just religious people. Religious people however, seem to think that they have some sort of advantage because they're religious. The bible holds nothing of interest you cannot glean from any book you read. I am not saying that it is a useless book, just not so special. I've read it, but I didn't hold it to be something other than history.

The giveaway is this: When you read a passage in the bible that melts your heart it happens because the words you read ressonate with something inside you. Something you already knew.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:17 pm
Religion vs Christianity
There is a BIGdifference betweenthe two. I'll explain later.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:24 pm
It's like all trucks are vehicles but not all vehicles are trucks. BTW not all religions get you to the correct destination.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:11 am
Jackofalltrades wrote:
It's like all trucks are vehicles but not all vehicles are trucks. BTW not all religions get you to the correct destination.
Could you kind of clarify that...I think I'm probably reading something else into it. Thanks
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:35 pm
It is a little confusing, but Christianity is considered a religion. So is Hinduism, Budism etc. But these other religions are not Christian. (A dollar is money, but not all money is dollars) Would you accept a counterfit dollar as payment for a debt? Yes there is more you can read into this. :wink:
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:38 pm
BTW when the FBI trains it's agents to decetct counterfeit money it has it's agents handle ONLY real money and become so familiar with it that when they get a counterfeit bill they immediately know it is bogus just by touch. When someone comes Knocking on your door telling you about their religion you better know if it is true or counterfeit.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:39 am
Jackofalltrades wrote:
When someone comes Knocking on your door telling you about their religion you better know if it is true or counterfeit.

How does one spot the truth?

If you've got it, then you can spot it. You can spot the truth, if you are familiar with it.

If you are unfamiliar with something, then it might look foreign.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:20 am
Jackofalltrades wrote:
Quote:
When someone comes Knocking on your door telling you about their religion you better know if it is true or counterfeit.

Value, my friend. It's the same way we determine what we want and not. Advertisement is key. The founders of christianity knew this. That's why every christian holiday is a rip off of old custom and pagan worship.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:38 am
Unfortunately the Christians have adopted many pagan things in their holidays. This was done mostly by the Roman Catholic Church. The biggest example is Christmas. According to the Bible if you figuer about the month Jesus was born it would have been sometime between mid Sept. to mid Oct. If it was really in December the Sheperds wouldn't be laying in their pastures, they would have been looking for a nice warm fire to cozy up to, but some religious leader thought it would be "wise" to celebrate it at the same time the druids worshiped their gods during the winter solstice.
Interestingly enough though, Martin Luther posted his treatises on the door of the Roman Catholic Church thus starting the reformation on October 31.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:01 pm
Is the date as important as what is being celebrated? I think not.
0 Replies

the sleeper

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:52 pm
it pisses me off that he had to quit the band to prove his faith. there's nothing wrong with being in a band.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 04:07 pm
Well I'm kind of excited - seeing more members actually defending the faith (Christian).
0 Replies