Twelve Monkeys

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 12:40 pm
Has anyone here seen the movie 12 Monkeys? I thought that was a great film. Bruce Willis is a guy from the future trying to stop the apocalyptic end of the world as we know it with the release of a supervirus by a madman, and that madman is Brad Pitt, whose eccentric performance as the crazy rich guy steals the show. It's dark, it's comic, it's violent, it's very twisty, it's awesome. If you haven't seen it, I recommend. Anybody here familiar with it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 953 • Replies: 11
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:35 pm
I liked it also
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:45 pm
"12 Monkeys" is one of the best time travel paradox films in the sci-fi genre with a Hitchcockian (or maybe Brian De Palma?) surprise ending. One or two less ticks by Mr. Pitt could have made me completely buy into his performance but that's likely nitpickery.
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 02:31 pm
Pitt's character is completely overdone, but it adds to the madcap effect of the world-gone-crazy that the movie works so hard to convey, in my opinion. Remember when Bruce Willis eats a live spider to retain an organic animal sample back through time? My point exactly.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:15 pm
I enjoyed it several times. It seems to me that time travel stories almost always work. They have to be just horrendously bad not to work, since the premise is so interesting.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:02 am
liked it. I like Bruce Willis
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:07 am
Saw it once, it was good
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:51 am
I have heard it for several times, is this something about a terrible virus?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:58 am
Right you are and here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/

It is as eccentric as other Terry Gilliam films such as "Brazil" and "Baron Muchausen."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 09:59 am
(Very enjoyably eccentric, that is).
0 Replies

vroonika

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 02:02 pm
have seen 12 monkeys three times and can say that i enjoyed it more each time i saw it and that its real easy to get lost in it once you start watching. have seen brazil which i thought was amazing and baron munchausen wich is good but not as good.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 05:01 pm
No, "Baron Muchausen" has the wit and great production design but it doesn't have the satirical weight of "12 Monkeys" or "Brazil." "Brazil" tends to haunt one after they've seen it and they must see it again to get into its' profound commentary on the human condition. It's humankind in it's eternal battle to keep up with technology and what impact that technology has on our personal lives. Really incredible, and now I have to go home a hook up the two rear channels of my THX system...eerrrghh.
0 Replies