Bernie Sanders Talks With Rev. Dr. William Barber

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 03:38 am
Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rev. Dr. William Barber,
leader of Moral Mondays, talk about building a grassroots movement
to fight for racial, social, environmental and economic justice.

Lash

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 07:34 am
@Real Music,
Thanks for this. I hadn’t known about Dr. Barber. I’m going to follow him up. Seems like a great organization to support.

Btw, someone had voted this down, I voted it up, and immediately, someone else voted it down. I’d love to know the caliber of people dedicated to hiding wonderful ideas like this.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 02:31 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
...hadn't known about Dr.Barber...

Get informed. He did after all speak at the 2016 Democratic Convention.

Okay, also check in on Repairers of the Breach located at www.breachrepairers.org

An article from you he Washington Post from a few days back - "Stop Acting As Though Trump Is The First" says The Rev. William Barber
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/07/03/trump-is-not-the-first-president-to-roll-back-gains-says-the-rev-william-barber/

Quote:
I'd love to know the caliber of people dedicated to hiring wonderful ideas like this.

Same caliber as just about every other member on this board. Some folks just thumb a post down if an article/topic is not of interest to them. For some It's political discussions, some of may be sciences, others it's the games. Unless it gets quite a few downturns, it'll still be viewable to all (and if you're like me, curiosity will get you to take a peak at a downed thread or post)

Barber is okay in my book, in part due to his ideas and in part due to his birth date making him a Virgo (just like me and Bernie Sanders --- I share a birthday with Bernie Cool )
Lash

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 02:41 pm
@Sturgis,
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 07:41 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Thanks for this. I hadn’t known about Dr. Barber. I’m going to follow him up. Seems like a great organization to support.

Btw, someone had voted this down, I voted it up, and immediately, someone else voted it down. I’d love to know the caliber of people dedicated to hiding wonderful ideas like this.

You're welcome.

And Thank you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:43 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Btw, someone had voted this down, I voted it up, and immediately, someone else voted it down.

It was probably already voted down, it only goes down as far a zero regardless of how many negative votes it receives. I voted it up and pressed refresh. Still zero.

You know full well who's doing it, your rightwing buddies. You know, the ones you were praising on the mad thumbers thread.
Lash

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
The thumb explanation sounds plausible; however, Establishment Dems are just as likely to thumb down Bernie threads as conservatives.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:12 am
@Lash,
I've not got that impression at all. Establishment Dems seem too concerned with the disastrous Trump presidency to be bothered with anyone else.
Lash

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:15 am
@izzythepush,
Many of their posts prove otherwise.
revelette1

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:17 am
@izzythepush,
True, I know when I vote in the general mid-terms I am going to vote for whoever is not a republican and seems to have the most votes regardless of whether they are social democrats/progressives/left independents or so called establishment democrat.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:18 am
@Lash,
haha
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:23 am
@Lash,
Why not provide an example?
Lash

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
@izzythepush,
Because I've learned that when faced with a black and white fact, you and others equivocate, wiggle, suddenly suffer from hysterical blindness, practice Clintonspeak,... any hundred strategies to pretend you don't see what you see--which is btw the reason the Dems are in the shitter in this country currently.

What am I doing? Trying to prove to you something that you already know, but are pretending not to know?

Why would I do that?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 11:51 am
@Lash,
That's no answer, you've not provided a black and white fact. And to be honest, I don't remember you ever providing one to back up similar claims you've made previously. I do remember this though, loads of puff and bluster and nothing else, not even a murky fact, let alone a black and white one.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:02 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Trying to prove to you something that you already know, but are pretending not to know?

Now you sound unhinged. I don't live in your bloody country, I don't follow the minutiae of Democratic party politics. All I "know" is what you allege, and you won't back up your allegations.

This is a fairly left wing UK website's page on the US. It very much supports Corbin, but there's no mention of Sanders on the US page. That's how relevant he is to Britain's progressives.

https://www.thecanary.co/us/<br />

You talked about specific posters on A2K who voted for Mrs Clinton. Why not give examples of them attacking Sanders post election?

So far your only sources have been anecdotal, (your anecdotes btw,) or far right websites.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Just clicked on the link. Sorry it does not take you to the US page but a more general overview. If you click on countries the drop down menu should take you to US.
0 Replies