The Ten Commandments in the courtroom

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 01:41 pm
vol, Please show me where I have "pulled things and contorted them?" Rather than attacking the messanger, please argue the points I've made in my posts. Thank you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:36 pm
The reason that they don't want the ten commandments in the courtroom is that it creates a hostile work environment for the judges and lawyers. "thou shall not commit adultery". "thou shall not bear false witness...".
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:51 pm
cjhsa
I will assume your statement was made with tongue in cheek. Before this became an issue I doubt that anyone gave the posting of the commandments a second thought. What we are seeing now in this country is a war between the religious and the secular. Religion as it has through the ages causing friction and divisiveness. A war that is being fed by our present resident of the oval office. Preacher George.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:03 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Blue Monkey- Let me get this straight. Are you saying that a religious convention went to the Toyota Center? I have no familiarity with the Toyota center, but I would assume that it is a private convention hall. If an organization paid for a private space, of course there is no problem. It is up to the organization and the management of the convention hall to strike a deal that is mutually acceptable.

It is showcasing a religious symbol in a PUBLIC space, paid for with taxpayer monies, with which I have an objection.

City property.
0 Replies