Gay christian groups

Tenoch

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 03:16 am
What is your opinion christian churches that accept gay marrage and female priests?

I applaude these organizations. They let women be preists and truly accept anyobdy who wants to join. A true model for the future of the catholic church.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,423 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 03:43 am
I'm with you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 08:32 am
Shocked
there are gay christian groups? Jeezzee.. where have I been?
Ok, I will start my opinion with this:
I am not christian. I disargee with christianity completely.
-----------

You can not be gay and be a christian. The bible clearly states that it is wrong. You can not bend what is written in the bible to meet your thoughts and your life. You either follow what the book teaches or not.

Noone I know does this. There isnt a single christian I know that is a true christian. If there are people who follow the bible completely , they are so few and far between it is unreal. Alot of people claim to be true christians.. Rolling Eyes even when they are thinking nasty rude , judgemental thoughts about people. Even when they are engaged in premartial sex, even when they are cheating on thier spouse, .... etc ... etc. etc..
I do not have anything against gay people. I personally wish the world was a safer place for gay people to exist as freely as straight people.. but. that isnt anything to do with my point. ;-)
My point is that you can not be gay and be a real christian. Read the bible. I have read it 3 times. Front to back. I dont know anyone else who has. I am willing to bet people who claim to be ' gay christians' or ' real christians' have never done that themselves.

What I hate about seeing things like ' gay christians' is the thought that christianity is the only religion in the entire world so people who dont fit into its steel walls have to bend the rules so that they do. christianity is the youngest religion to date. So who says it is right? If you are gay, why deny yourself your life by tourmenting yourself with the thought of a god that hates what you do? Alot of gay people are so insecure with themselves an thier sexuality they have to look to a religion to feel better, or to find a forgiveness.. wich is sad. You dont need forgiveness.. ( that is a religious punishment and a method of control ) Self abuse anyone?

( i have opened a huge can of worms.. i may be to chicken to come back to this thread now. ;-)
I make it a point to stay out of these discussions .. so we will see.. )
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:15 am
Hey hey, SheWolf *nudge nudge* Blessed be, sis.

I agree with you, as far as the Bible goes. Unfortunately, as you said, it is quite in disagreement with the Bible to be homosexual.

However, I have been seeing more and more Christians disregard the Bible as a rule book. They are the neo-Christians (let's hope that the term isn't already taken by some nazi hate-group Shocked ) that realize that the Bible is, frankly, full of ****, and understand that they can not be truly open people whilst following it. They still believe in God; but their desire to be compassionate towards all others out weigh the need to follow the Bible.

Perhaps these people can't truly be considered 'Christians', but none the less...I think that gay people who also are Christian are apart of this new generation that is believing what the Bible taught, but stepping out of the straight jacket that it (the Bible) confined them to.

Make sense? Question
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:21 am
Love the sinner, hate the sin. That's what I say.

Gay or not, everyone should be welcomed into God house and community.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:23 am
Wow, I really despise that attitude.

"Love the sinner.." Sounds warm and fuzzy, but it's just an indirect way of telling them they're wrong. Which, thankfully for them, they're not.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:24 am
Sanctuary wrote:
Wow, I really despise that attitude.

Why?
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:25 am
I edited my post for the reason, before I saw your response. Read up ^^
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:31 am
Ok, I can understand that.
However, I don't necessarily believe that being gay is wrong. My best friend is gay and I certainly have not condenmed him to hell. That's an assumption you've made about me. I've never seen him happier and to deny him that happiness he's found in one person is as un-Christian like as it gets. God doesn't want us to be miserable. But I am straying...

I made that statment to cover pretty much everything. It wasn't necessarily in reference to just being gay. The point I was trying to make was that no matter what, we all do things that are wrong, and nothing should keep us from being allowed to worship and serve our God. Saying that you can't be a Christian because you are gay is ridiculous. Being a Christian doesn't mean you don't sin. Being a Christian means that despite sinning, we continue to try and improve our lives and the lives of those around us. So my point was that sin or no sin, right or wrong, EVERYONE deserves a place in Gods house, and just because we don't like what someone is doing doesn't give us any reason to judge or dislike them.
0 Replies

Qanda

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:31 am
Bella Dea wrote:

It's not exactly a sin if you don't have a say in it. Would you give up your heterosexual behaviour and force yourself to partake in acts unnatural to you if the Bible said that it (heterosexuality) was wrong?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
Addition:

I am by no means religious however, I do like the passage "He who is without sin should cast the first stone."

Don't judge, lest ye be judged.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:35 am
Qanda wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

It's not exactly a sin if you don't have a say in it. Would you give up your heterosexual behaviour and force yourself to partake in acts unnatural to you if the Bible said that it (heterosexuality) was wrong?

read up. I posted an explanation above. Actually on the 1st page.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Quote:
My best friend is gay and I certainly have not condenmed him to hell.

You have the authority to do that? Wow am I ever impressed!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
My best friend is gay and I certainly have not condenmed him to hell.

You have the authority to do that? Wow am I ever impressed!

A lot of "Christians" think they do. Which is why the church is so damn stubborn about "allowing" gays into their communities.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:38 am
And if no one noticed, my statement reflects my support for gay marriages/unions.
0 Replies

Qanda

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:46 am
Bella Dea wrote:

Sorry, that post was not up when I replied. However, if you feel that homosexuality is a sin (I assume that's what you meant), then are you implying that homosexuals, as sinners, should change their ways?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:52 am
Qanda wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Sorry, that post was not up when I replied. However, if you feel that homosexuality is a sin (I assume that's what you meant), then are you implying that homosexuals, as sinners, should change their ways?

No, I stated very clearly that I don't necessarily believe it is a sin. And frankly, it isn't my decision to decide that. Why would I say that when I fully support my best friend in his life decision (can't say marriage since it doesn't exist here)? I said that I support gays in the church community. If we are going to kick out everyone who someone has a problem with, there wouldn't be anyone left.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:00 am
Qanda wrote:

Playing devils advocate here...

So you are saying that, for examples, pedophiles aren't doing something wrong because it is something they don't have a say in? They are sexually aroused by children even if they don't want to be.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:53 am
Sanctuary wrote:
Hey hey, SheWolf *nudge nudge* Blessed be, sis.

blessed be Sanctuary.

Ahh.. I knew this thread was going to be fkcuing hot and quick.
Wether or not someone is gay, straight, bi sexual, asexual or what ever other combination/label you can think of, I dont think it should dictate where you can go to be part of your religion.
Sad to say that christians ( sorry for the blanket statement! ) tend to think with thier bible first and not thier brains . meaning.. they judge before they remember they are not to. They condemn before they remember they dont have that power, and because of that behavior, gays and other groups are shunned from a place that is supposed to accept all.

I gotta stay outta this thread. I am not polite when it comes to religous diffrences and tend to be rude and arrogant. But, i had to add my last 2 cents to the pot..

There is no one person who can answer all questions about a religion and no one person to represent said religion. If that were the case, there would be definate outlines for subjects such as this one and it wouldnt be up for debate.
My simple answer to this is :
If you dont like gay people move to an island by yourself .
If you dont want gay people in your church, dont ask people about thier sexuality. You will talk to them and love them when you dont know, so dont ask.

Noone can tell one person what they can and can not do in thier bedroom or who they do it with so long as it is wanted by both partners. If this act is wrong, you leave it up to your god. Dont play god, according to the bible he dont like 'dat ****. Laughing
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:32 pm
The bible was written by man. Don't you think that some mistakes were written into it then. I had a priest that no doubt read the bible many times over and over. However when he talked to me he did not say, "the bibles says this, the bible says that." He talked to me more like a wise old man. A priest in his heart knows that some of the bibles teachings are wrong. most priest are probably the best people you will ever meet in your lives. They believe that serving the church(even though it's not perfect) is the best way to serve their fellow human beings. They can maximize how many people they help this way.
0 Replies