Free money from government

Tenoch

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 02:06 pm
Found this site for unclaimed property and money in California. Typed in my dad name and like eight claims came up all around 500 dollars each. Is this site for real? Can claiming this money backfire in anyway? my dads first years in this country weren't exactly legal.

http://scoweb.sco.ca.gov/UCP/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 794 • Replies: 9
No top replies

duce

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 02:42 pm
Were you born here?

All states have an unclaimed property list. Some of it comes from items taken off people in holdling cells or jails who left it behind, when they made bond or were released from jail. (They had to "check" it when they got locked up, and then were released after "hours" and just never go back and get it).
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:00 pm
I was born here. My dad was in this country without papers for a while back like in 1975. He's a citizen now of the US. They are all money from companies like this

Owner's Name: **************
Amount: $412.20
Type of Property: Mineral proceeds
Reported By: UNOCAL OIL COMPANY
Reported Address: 1732 W 20TH ST , LOS ANGELES CA

Owner's Name: ********
Amount: $534.47
Type of Property: Mineral proceeds
Reported By: TORCH ENERGY ADVISORS INCORPORATED
Reported Address: 1732 W. 20TH ST. , LOS ANGELES CA 900070000

Owner's Name: *********
Amount: $252.81
Type of Property: Royalties/residuals
Reported By: BENTLEY SIMONSON INC
Reported Address: 1732 W 20TH ST , LOS ANGELES CA 900070000
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:24 pm
I am familiar with TORCH Energy. This could be real. Oil and Gas companies "lease" mineral rights.
8 out of 10 times the people who own the land do not own the minerals. What happens goes something like this:

Great GrandPA (a farmer) owned land. Needed money to finance crops. SOLD THE MINERALS to OTHER GRAND PA.

OTHERGRANDPA (another farmer) uses the mineral rights for gravel he needs. (Land Still GRANDPA'S)THEN OTHERGRANDPA Dies after having 8 kids. OTHERGRAND PA failed to tell anybody he owned ALL the mineral rights--cause all he wanted was the gravel.

Generations later OIL/GAS is found. A title on the MINERAL RIGHTS IS RUN and marriage/death records give Heirs names at THE TIME.

WITH OTHERGRANDPA & MA dead-Birth records would list kids--They are then heirs, but nobody knows where they are at least not some Oil Company who does not know the sister (married different name) lives next door. See how it can go.

The part that throws a monkey wrench in this is that you Dad would not likely be a qualified "heir", if he was not born in this country unless his DAD or MOM or BROTHER OR UNCLE etc was..

Ask Dad if any relatives ANY might have owned land OR WORKED and got a SHARE from some landowner in CA.

Is there a reasonable possibility this could be him or someone with the same name?

People move
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:30 pm
How would you know it was you and not someone else with your name?
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:38 pm
we have an unusual last name and the middle initial matches.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:46 pm
If it was jail, there would be fingerprints.

LAND-oil/minerals would include proof of linage.
Marrige/Birth/Death/Divorce Certificates.

Abandoned-would be a Lease (Eviction) or Ticket
(Confiscated Car during DUI).

If Dad inheritied...he could have easily not lived in this country at the time..no problem if his relatives were legal...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:48 pm
I just found money from a deceased realtive at that address - sent email to sister to advise parents
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:11 pm
10:

If you have reason to believe your DAD might actually be this person:

Check the site to see if you can get Section/Township/Range info, then check to see if there is a "producing" well on the land.

There should be a State Oil/Gas board that can help you. If there is a producing WELL these amounts will likely be paid over and over and over either monthly or quarterly...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 04:23 pm
check this out for that la royalty thing

http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:Pw4FvcPnJ0sJ:www.laebuz.com/datapage.asp+%221732+W+20TH+ST+,+LOS+ANGELES%22&hl=en
0 Replies