Help me combat a gardening terrorist.

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:42 pm
well pardon me. I read your posts in a fashion in which they were obviously not written, a sense of mild amusement .
Now that youve shown your true feelings, we can work on this more creatively.

1Homeowners association v occupancy TOCs. Are there any to remind the management of their responsibility. Usually its a short step from mismanicured lawns and butchered shrubbery to keeping 54 cats and all their attendant mess and vile.

2 Her son and his garage 'apartment". If this is even a remote possibility, you could noodge him about how miserable you could make his life mostly by repeated communications from social services because you feel hes neglecting his pre-demential mother.

3Get a nice big parrot and teach it to swear at her, or get a proximity device that announces that shekeep away from the damn plants

4 Move your plants anyway, she sounds like the treaty wont be kept for long.

Damn Edgar, did she sort of gradually get this way?or was it day one. If shes progressively pre-demential, you do have some responsibility at compassion and sort but not to the extent that your life and enjoyment of your garden has to submit to her changing capacities.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 11:33 pm
The woman had the tendencies when first she moved in, about eight years ago. The manager concluded that her gardening was her whole life and decided it was okay to make an exception for her. Now the manager's gone, but the tradition of destruction continues. The woman actually comes from a family with a bit of money. Her son from California visited last week. He has a farm that grows artichokes. Her local son has a very expensive car, but I don't know what he does. I would really have to make a royal stink to get anything done. For one thing, they tried to move her out two years ago when her lease was up, but she balked. Management defied the relatives and signed her up, which was legal, since nobody has assumed power of attorney or whatever it is. In retaliation, they turn a deaf ear if anybody complains about her activities. No time to continue, the wife is bugging me to get off.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 04:02 pm
Agency for the Aging.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:44 pm
An update:
This woman has taken to heart my threat to move my plants. She hasn't meddled with them, except to water them a bit, which is fine. She continues to work like a trooper out there, and I'm sure it's what keeps her from withering.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:18 pm
Great deal!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:33 pm
I like happy endings.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 03:41 pm
I have to relate this little story. The day her latest neighbor moved her furniture in, she understandably collapsed in the easy chair, not wanting to twitch a single aching muscle. The old lady knocks. The woman drags herself to the door, to be astonished at the sight of this person with an armload of groceries.
"I intended to cook your dinner," she says. "Then I hurt my knees, working in the flower bed. Here."
She dumps the food in her neighbor's arms, a bunch of carrots, celery, four potatoes and a raw chicken.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 04:28 pm
Edgar--

Her mother brought her up right, even if the percepts are a little jumbled right now.

Of course, I bet her mother is resting in peace.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 04:50 pm
I thought it a wonderful gesture. The newbie, of course, didn't know how to take her for a few months. They get along okay, now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:05 pm
Edgar--

I've frequently felt like dumping the raw ingredients upon my guest of honor--instead I invite the guest of honor to "keep me company" in the kitchen.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:10 pm
Edgar, sometimes it's those people who most annoy you that you end up liking/respecting the most.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:20 pm
Yes, those two get along now.
This old lady has also become my friend. She is always offering me cookies, apple juice and the like. If she has a problem in her apartment, she insists on having me. We spend quite a bit of time discussing weather, plants and such.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:23 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Yes, those two get along now.
This old lady has also become my friend. She is always offering me cookies, apple juice and the like. If she has a problem in her apartment, she insists on having me. We spend quite a bit of time discussing weather, plants and such.

She has you come to fix her apartment problems?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:25 pm
I'm the lead maintenance man.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:28 pm
Ha! I knew that, really I did <off to look for my brain>.

I dealt with the garden terrorist at my place by moving across the street. Just didn't really move far enough. I still witness the destruction on a daily basis.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 05:52 pm
This woman steals dirt out of the beds around her. She has a mound in front of her patio that's really destructive. It is nearly three feet high. When it rains, the water back onto her patio and slowly drains out the small ends. I allow her to do it because it would be such a trauma to her to lose it. A reckoning is coming, I just can't say when. Hopefully, it will not happen before I retire.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 06:53 pm
Oh my..... the mound is a flower bed? Can't you get a professional gardener to come in as a community wide consultant?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 08:59 pm
bm

Reading with interest.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 09:53 pm
I used to try to modify the mound. Now, I tolerate it. For a time, I came in early each day and took some of the dirt back to the original beds, but she came right behind me and replaced it double. Since the owners have seen it and have tolerated it thus far, I am leaving it alone.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:16 am
I know a guy..............

...............................No questions asked.

http://www.carlspackler.com/images/cs_carl.jpg

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/caddyshack/whenyoudie.wav
0 Replies