Trump said that the media is the enemy of the people

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2018 06:52 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:
Well, geez, maybe you're right. I must be following Goebbel's and Trump's examples.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-that-propaganda-is-good-which-leads-to-success-and-that-is-bad-which-fails-to-achieve-joseph-goebbels-49-4-0407.jpg
Trump is Joseph Goebbels all over again.

The basic claim here is that Trump said a certain thing. I am challenging you to demonstrate that he actually said it. If you wish to blame him for saying something, a minimum prerequisite is for you to demonstrate that he did say it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2018 07:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/5/1687333/-Trump-s-Stephen-Miller-and-Hitler-s-Joseph-Goebbels-are-chillingly-similar
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2018 07:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
It has already been demonstrated that he said it. You just want to quibble because you're invested in the myths Plump wants you to believe.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2018 11:32 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Would you please link in or cite an actual quote in which Trump said that the media is the enemy of the people?

You don't think it's true???? Have you been in a coma?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:21 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
It has already been demonstrated that he said it. You just want to quibble because you're invested in the myths Plump wants you to believe.

Where was it demonstrated? I only saw a quotation in which he said that the fake new media are the enemy of the people. Where did he say that the media in general are?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:22 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Would you please link in or cite an actual quote in which Trump said that the media is the enemy of the people?

So, if it's true, you should be able to provide a link, right?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It shouldn't take a constitutional scholar to realize that Trump is attempting to destroy the freedom of the press/media. It's the first time in American history that the president of this country called the media "the enemy."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politics/donald-trump-media-tweet/index.html

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

1:48 PM - 17 Feb 2017

the guy is not well

I hope he gets help
ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They become fanatical, because they are uneducated. They can be swayed to believe anything that sounds good, and Trump is good at making statements at the 4th grade level.

I don't think they're all stupid or uneducated. I do think that there is something in them that relates to the fear of others he creates/exacerbates in them.

His followers, as we see them on a2k, tend to be the more frightened/fearful posters.

I feel great pity for them.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:14 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I only saw a quotation in which he said that the fake new media are the enemy of the people. Where did he say that the media in general are?

oh buddy. so sad for you.
Kolyo

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 03:54 pm
Trump isn't against the media -- just NBC, ABC, CBS, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other upstarts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:14 pm
@ehBeth,
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/trump-calls-the-news-media-the-enemy-of-the-people.html

Trump calls the news media, "the enemy of the American people."
Those who criticize the free press are a danger to this nation. A free press is necessary in a democracy. Any media that fails to report facts will only attract the ignorant and uninformed.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-ol-enter-the-fray-fox-news-is-a-danger-to-this-country-1528398218-htmlstory.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fentertainment%2Fnews%2Ftv+%28L.A.+Times+-+TV+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Quote:
Ralph Peters, who offered regular military analysis on Fox News for a decade, finally concluded what many of us had long ago realized — and, having done so, he quit the network in disgust in March. On Wednesday, he went on CNN to explain himself further: The network, he said, was doing a “great, grave disservice to our country” and had become a “destructive propaganda machine” for President Trump.

On Thursday, Alisyn Camerota, a former Fox News anchor, said that Peters’ experience mirrored her own. “I too was upset about the blurring of the lines between propaganda and journalism,” she said, according to the New York Times.
coluber2001

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:17 pm
Trump's greatest enemy and restraint is not just the free press, it's also the Constitution.

We can look at Trump administration as a blessing on the American people, a glimpse of what it's like living under a dictator but with the restraint of the free press and the Constitution. It's like being in a sort of game where everything starts looking hopeless, but ,alas, the game is over and the people boot him out and the great would be dictator is metaphorically hung by his heels from a lamp post in a most Mussoliniesque manner, and the people awake from the nightmarish game.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
@coluber2001,
Most of us knew Trump was ignorant about the Constitution because of his stance on Muslims and Mexicans. His wall and tariff proved to most people that he was also ignorant about our allies to the south and the north, and about starting a trade war. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/business/trump-tariffs-imports.html
Trump is a ignorant head of state who fails to understand free trade, something every student who studies Business in college understands. It's called "competitive advantage." By adding tarrifs, all he does is start a trade war, and make everything more expensive for consumers. His ignorance makes him dangerous.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 07:38 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
I only saw a quotation in which he said that the fake new media are the enemy of the people. Where did he say that the media in general are?

oh buddy. so sad for you.

You claim Donald Trump said something, but when asked to provide evidence, cannot. In any system of debating, that means that you lose.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 07:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/trump-calls-the-news-media-the-enemy-of-the-people.html

Trump calls the news media, "the enemy of the American people."
Those who criticize the free press are a danger to this nation. A free press is necessary in a democracy. Any media that fails to report facts will only attract the ignorant and uninformed....

Except for one thing, where is any evidence that he said this? In your link, he only calls the fake media the enemy of the people. You cannot reasonably blame someone for something he didn't say. He seems to me to be referring only to certain elements of the media. I love the police as an institution, but that doesn't mean that there can't be bad cops.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 09:38 pm
@Brandon9000,
FYI, "enemy of the American people" includes everybody who is an American. Where did you study English?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 02:16 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

So, if it's true, you should be able to provide a link, right?

That's easy because I've been paying attention......what I wonder is how you could not have noticed such an outrageous assault on the first amendment. I would be very sympathetic if we were discussing an event from a century or two ago......but are you so uninformed you haven't heard Trump call the members of the media the most dishonest, horrible people who ever existed? Can you tell me you don't know????? If you claim you don't know, you are either lying or being evasive.....either way, I don't want to waste my time on a traitor.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 03:10 am
@Brandon9000,
There is no such thing as "fake media." There are any number of objections which one may raise against the interpretation or even putative distortion of an individual--but the media as an entity cannot reasonably be called fake. To swallow such an allegation, one has to be applying one's own partisan prejudices to the judgment. Members of the Republican Party have described Plump as a moron and a liar. Are they, then, to be considered "fake media?' How would you define "fake media," and by what criterion is any news outlet consigned to that group?
Setanta

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 03:12 am
@Brandon9000,
So you won, I take it. Ah-hahahahahahahahahaha . . . what did you win?

Ed, what do we have for our winning contestant today?

Johnny, it's a brand new car!
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:56 am
@Setanta,
Fake media would not last very long for the exception of FOX News. https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_weather&param2=54d7d8fe-9e1d-9f5c-2b00-fb1885a96280&param3=weather_xp_1.15~US~&param4=~Chrome~fox+news+lies+2018~D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E&param1=20180505&p=fox+news+lies+2018&type=weaff_0_cr
0 Replies