Constantine: Good, Bad, or in between

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:55 pm
Has anyone seen Constantine yet? I know it just came out this week, but i have been dying to discuss it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 8
No top replies

gracie girl

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 11:50 am
against my will i ended up in the theatre to see constantine. it was as good as a film starring Keanu Reeves could be expected to be, however that's not really saying much.

it had some minute element of creativity to it but overall it was your average-run-of-the-mill-low-budget-3rd-rate-film-starring-some -washed-out-b-list-actor (with zero talent).

i wouldn't recommend going to see it. heck i'd barely recommend watching it on dvd/free cable.

but other than that it was ok Smile

gracie
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 12:36 pm
I can picture it now:
(surfer accent) I am here to save you. You need saving. The saving that you need, I am here to give. I have a big gun. You are hot. Now I will save you. all right!
...it'll be pretty stilted, I think.
0 Replies

Alatriel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:21 am
I've watched it! twice in fact..and i LOVE it
the special effects were great and i like Keanu Reeves and the idea of anti hero.. interesting cos most of the time it's always heroic ideas.. pretty tired of that (tho he became heroic at the end)

i'm not a Christian and the story bout bible in hell and spear of destiny etc may seem to be rubbish for those who are Christians.. like one of my friends..

i really hope they have a sequel and i dun mind waiting long enough for it cos the matrix revolutions wasn't very nice.. i dun think they shud ever release a sequel so fast cos the production might not be good enough..

anyway.. for those that didn't like it by any chance.. pls be more considerate-dun insult.. it's really sad to see all these posts.. if u dislike it, dun bother to send any..

sorry if i'm rude.. and to those who like me. likes/loves it! happy watching!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:13 am
I wouldn't be looking for a sequel as the movie is a long way from becoming a blockbuster. More like a blockbluster. It can likely make enough money on foreign markets and DVD to turn some profit.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:30 pm
A good movie that was technically very flawed in its approaches to build suspense and drama. It could have been great but weak plot devices restained where this interesting movie could have gone.

Great ideas and great graphics don't allow you to get away from 2-dimensional characters who we are largely uninterested in and whose interactions which each other only barely escapes sheer boredom.

Waste of talent is my summation.
0 Replies

Steelborn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:34 pm
I thought it was a brilliant film, but then again it wasnt a classic, or anything totally amazing.

Keanu Reeves just delivers his usual "gravely one-liners hero" type of performance, which suited the film quite well, and rachel weisz did a good job too, i didnt think her american accent was bad at all. Plus she's hot. The plot was simple enough, although sometimes the story gets a bit boring and stuff. I quite liked the theoretical view on demons and how heaven and hell are more like parallel dimensions compared to the human world.

Tis a good film, but i wouldnt watch it more than a couple of times!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:06 pm
If it came down to him and the other "rocker" Bo Bice, I think Bo would take it.

Constantine just isn't trying very hard.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:05 am
I enjoyed it. I'm not much of a film buff so I can't give much of a description on a technical basis but it was entertaining and interesting and as I had no idea when I saw it that it was originally a comic book character (although obviously a very bleak one) I had no pre-conceived ideas. The special effects were excellent. I also found that the religious message wasn't over the top or intrusive but necessary to the storyline.
0 Replies