Liberals - Practice Conservative Argument Techniques

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:27 am
parados wrote:
Every time Rick Santorum speaks out for SS reform it would make people flinch and worry about being bent over.

So which would you rather have? A Clinton or a Santorum?

Is everything about homosexuality with the libs these days?

:wink:
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:32 am
theantibuddha wrote:
Even England is less fundamentalist christian than America.

that's why the puritans had to leave jolly ol'... because they were religiously persecuting everyone else. Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
McGentrix wrote:
parados wrote:
Every time Rick Santorum speaks out for SS reform it would make people flinch and worry about being bent over.

So which would you rather have? A Clinton or a Santorum?

Is everything about homosexuality with the libs these days?

:wink:

Our values include a respect for gender identification and choice. We believe homosexuals deserve the respect of their fellow man. Be believe in looking past the gender identification at the person. Santorum is a hypocrite and a liar.

We also believe we should recognize hypocrisy when we see it and say it's name. :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:45 am
Facts:
1. Rich Santorum is a heterosexual.
2. Heterosexuals are patriots
3. AARP supports gay marriage
4. WoMD were hidden in Syria after the
bombing started.
5. Gay liberals think Saddam was cute.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:01 am
6. our constitution was founded on religious principles
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:05 am
7. 176.8% of the total US population are illegal aliens.
8. the remaining 57.9% are UFO pilots here on temporary visas.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:48 am
dyslexia wrote:
7. 176.8% of the total US population are illegal aliens.
8. the remaining 57.9% are UFO pilots here on temporary visas.

you forgot the 1.6% that are immortal atlanteans ducking the census takers...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 12:45 pm
9. Everyone is completely responsible of their own lives and deserve zero money for the gov't, no matter what their situation is.

10. Except the Iraqi people, who will recieve hundreds of billions of dollars in aid in order to improve their lives.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:42 pm
Here's an excellent example. It comes from a mailing I received today from NOW, requesting I send them $35.00. To which I responded with a check for $200.00.

(Now) has won enoruous gains and survived countless setbacks. But we have always stood our ground. We will never give up, because women's lives are at stake.

We have all witnessed what the Bush administration has done to women's rights for the past four years, from the so-called "Partial Birth Abortion Ban" criminalizing a safe and necessary medical procedure, to the confirmation of over 200 anti-abortion ideologues to life time appointments on the federal bench. Bush took every opportunity during his first term to curtail women's reproductive freedoms, including access to contraception and even accurate information about safe medical options.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:43 pm
Actually, seems like babies lives are at stake from what you have written here...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:45 pm
I think I'd bold "anti-abortion idealogues" too. And probably also "curtail women's reproductive freedoms".

They get an A+.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:49 pm
I agree FreeDuck. I'll change it now. Thanks.

And an A+ it is.

I also think we should begin to speak very clearly about the disrespect inherent in discussion about what the majority vs. the minority want (in terms of religious expression, etc.) as disrespectful. And make it very clear that we are offended by this disrespect.

And I am offended. And I'm not going to take it anymore.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Actually, seems like babies lives are at stake from what you have written here...

The technique, McG.........the TECHNIQUE. We're practicing the technique. We're learning the technique. The technique is neutral. It's the message that is controversial. The message is being sold by the technique, no matter what the message is. It's all about the technique. What is so hard about this concept?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I suppose this is in reference to the national debt? You really should branch out as there are other reasons babies might feel threatened such as lack of available health care, the deteroriation of the environment, global warfare lasting multi-generations, the Patriot Act and attendant loss of freedom, religious persecution of all non-pentacostals, joblessness, and general malaise connected to having career republicans hold public office.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
Lola wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

The technique, McG.........the TECHNIQUE. We're practicing the technique. We're learning the technique. The technique is neutral. It's the message that is controversial. The message is being sold by the technique, no matter what the message is. It's all about the technique. What is so hard about this concept?

*ahem*

Apparently I needed to edit this because it seems to have been mis-understood.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:55 pm
Nice, dys.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:58 pm
very nice. Your application of the technique is commendable. Another A+ for you.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 03:02 pm
McGentrix wrote:
*ahem*

Hey, your application of the technique shut up the opposition, however temporarily. That's our goal. YES!

Extra credit.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 03:08 pm
McGentrix wrote:
*ahem*

Hey, your application of the technique shut up the opposition, however temporarily. That's our goal. YES!

Extra credit.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I suppose this is in reference to the national debt? You really should branch out as there are other reasons babies might feel threatened such as lack of available health care, the deteroriation of the environment, global warfare lasting multi-generations, the Patriot Act and attendant loss of freedom, religious persecution of all non-pentacostals, joblessness, and general malaise connected to having career republicans hold public office.

If any of this gibberish had any bearing on any thing based in reality, you could probably sell it to Salon.

This technique would never win a prize. Not even at the liberal county fair.
0 Replies