Assimilation?

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 03:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There are millions of people on the internet all saying that they are 100% correct on anything important. If that were true, you would all agree with each other.

It isn't true. Most of those people are delusional.

maxdancona wrote:
I am not saying that you are "delusional" in the sense that you have no connection with reality... and I remind anyone reading that it was you who brought this word into the discussion...

I, however, am using "delusional" in exactly that sense.

If you are worried about people blaming you for the word being used, I freely acknowledge that I was the one who started using the word in this thread.

So if anyone is unhappy about the word being used here, address your complaints to me and I will justify its use.

maxdancona wrote:
But for you to continually assert that you are never wrong in any substantive way, that seems like a delusion.

The odds of me being substantively wrong about something that I am posting about, are the same as the odds of a college professor being substantively wrong about a subject that they have a PhD in.

maxdancona wrote:
Humans have biases, flaws and we make mistakes. If you are human then that includes you.
Sorry.

Do you think that college professors are frequently substantively wrong about their area of expertise?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:04 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The odds of me being substantively wrong about something that I am posting about, are the same as the odds of a college professor being substantively wrong about a subject that they have a PhD in.

You are being very silly. You are basically giving yourself PhDs because you think you are so smart. How many PhDs do you have now?

Why don't you think the other people on the internet, who you are calling delusional, have the same ability as you to pick up such expertise on their own so... that they are sure they are never wrong?

Imagine someone else were making the same incredible claims that you are making about themselves. I see why you would call such a person delusional.

If you are so much smarter than everyone else, you should be doing something more with your time than getting into these silly arguments on Able2know. Go invent something, or get elected, or solve some world problem.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:13 pm
@maxdancona,
Let me put it this way...

There are probably millions of people who claim to be so smart that they are certain they are not wrong about anything important. Yet, you all disagree. Only one of you can be infallible, the rest of you are delusional.

You might be the one. But your odds aren't very good.

I accept the fact that I am a mere mortal. On any given topic, even those that I believe very strongly, I have to admit that I might be wrong. I think this is a good attitude to take... it makes me open to new ideas. When the opportunity comes for me to learn something new, or gain a new perspective or a deeper way of thinking about something, I can take it.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
. it makes me open to new ideas.

Did you read the articles about Islam, those would cover a lot of new ideas.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Those articles are devoid of new ideas.

In the 1930s, there was a Jewish conspiracy to take over the world because the Jews are genetically disposed to want to control the world based on all this evidence including Jewish writing, Jewish history, Jewish scripture, Jewish acts of terror, and these Jewish institutions. Everyone should be afraid of the Jews.

Then there was a Papist conspiracy to take over world because the Catholics (particularly Italians) are trained from birth to want to control the world based on this evidence including Catholic writing, Catholic history, Catholic scripture, Catholic acts of terror and these Catholic institutions. Everyone should be afraid of Catholics.

(I am skipping over the Chinese conspiracy and probably a couple of others).

Now, there is a Muslim conspiracy to take over the world because the Muslims are genetically disposed to want to control the world based on all this evidence including Muslim writing, Muslim history, Muslim scripture, Muslim acts of terror, and these Muslim institutions. Everyone should be afraid of Muslims

There are no new ideas here, sweetheart.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 04:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Those articles are devoid of new ideas.

New ideas for you. Comparisons to Islam are irrelevant.
Quote:
genetically disposed

**** is genetic, Islam is taught. The fact that enough Muslims believe or support what you call conspiracy to treat it very seriously.

The articles show the plans are there, the commands are there, and the violent Sharia to enforce those commands. All written down by the perfect one and only Islamic scholar that counts, Muhammad.

It is just a reality you will not accept.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:05 pm
@coldjoint,

Quote:
You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Those two guys are not killing anyone, Islam is. Making jokes about it won't change it, and it will continue to be taught and will inspire hate and produce terrorists.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:29 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You are being very silly.

Hardly silly for me to state facts about myself.

maxdancona wrote:
You are basically giving yourself PhDs because you think you are so smart. How many PhDs do you have now?

I have not given myself any PhDs. I merely gave you a reasonable comparison to illustrate the level of expertise that I possess.

maxdancona wrote:
Why don't you think the other people on the internet, who you are calling delusional, have the same ability as you to pick up such expertise on their own so... that they are sure they are never wrong?

Well their incorrect statements clearly indicate their incompetence.

maxdancona wrote:
Imagine someone else were making the same incredible claims that you are making about themselves. I see why you would call such a person delusional.

I would only call them delusional if their abilities did not match their claims.

Hardly incredible for me to proclaim intelligence and expertise that I actually possess and regularly demonstrate.

maxdancona wrote:
If you are so much smarter than everyone else, you should be doing something more with your time than getting into these silly arguments on Able2know. Go invent something, or get elected, or solve some world problem.

I have no interest in achieving anything big.

Sure I could probably cure cancer if I wanted to bother with it. But I'm just not interested.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:30 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Let me put it this way...

There are probably millions of people who claim to be so smart that they are certain they are not wrong about anything important. Yet, you all disagree. Only one of you can be infallible, the rest of you are delusional.

It is possible for more than one person to be right. Only the ones who make untrue claims are wrong.

maxdancona wrote:
You might be the one. But your odds aren't very good.

The odds that I possess the intelligence and expertise that I say I do are 100%.

maxdancona wrote:
I accept the fact that I am a mere mortal. On any given topic, even those that I believe very strongly, I have to admit that I might be wrong. I think this is a good attitude to take... it makes me open to new ideas. When the opportunity comes for me to learn something new, or gain a new perspective or a deeper way of thinking about something, I can take it.

You sure seem to be resistant to the possibility that what I am saying is true.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 05:31 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Now, there is a Muslim conspiracy to take over the world because the Muslims are genetically disposed to want to control the world based on all this evidence including Muslim writing, Muslim history, Muslim scripture, Muslim acts of terror, and these Muslim institutions. Everyone should be afraid of Muslims

Maybe it is based on the existence of Islamic groups who actually state that they intend to kill all of us, and who are actually backing up those words with deeds.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 06:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Maybe it is based on the existence of Islamic groups

Maybe it is based on the existence of Islamic groups that extort money from their host countries to finance terrorism. Or Islamic groups that inflict Islam on our schools(CAIR, ISNA)calling it civil rights. The list goes on.

This aggressive and illegal behavior comes from a religious obligation to undermine any other way of life and replace it with Islam. That is what Islam teaches and it will never change. When is this going to be confronted?

maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 06:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Here is a test for you Oralloy... if you are so smart and unaffected by political ideology.

There are at least two rather simple logical errors in Coldjoint´s last post. Can you find them?

There is one thing to be smart. There is another thing to be able to see past an ideological bubble. Coldjoint is so far to the extreme, it isn´t that difficult. Let´s see if you can do it (this will be fun).
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 06:41 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
There are at least two rather simple logical errors in Coldjoint´s last post.

Why don't you point them out and see if he agrees?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 06:43 pm
@coldjoint,
... now that wouldn´t be any fun, would it sweetheart.

In case you haven´t noticed, I don´t take you very seriously. I don´t take the extremists on the liberal side seriously either.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 06:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I don´t take you very seriously.

The feeling is mutual.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 06:59 pm
@coldjoint,
Oh good! Here, have a cookie.

https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/e8198dd2-770b-4c7c-a748-ca7538cf48d0.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 07:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I don´t take the extremists on the liberal side seriously either.

I am not an extremist. I am someone who sees an extremist religion that plainly in your face tells you what they intend to do and people ignore it as it happens.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 07:21 pm
@coldjoint,
An extremist is someone on the extreme... as far to one end of a political ideology as you can possibly go.

Can you show me anyone who is more afraid of Muslims than you are? If you can't, then you are an extremist.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Can you show me anyone who is more afraid of Muslims

I am not scared of Muslims, I am afraid of what some believe. I think anyone in their right mind would be. And since it is what Islam teaches a quarter of the worlds population, that is Muslim, to hate non-Muslims.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Assimilation?
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:41:48