Assimilation?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 09:36 pm
The funniest thing about this rather funny thread is that most people reading it think that you are the troll.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 09:58 pm
Quote:
Islamic Terrorism is Motivated by Religion, Not Retribution

Find something wrong with this argument. If you cannot do not bother to answer.
Quote:
Vietnamese Americans venting their frustrations over the My Lai Massacre by hijacking jetliners crammed with civilians and slamming them into heavily populated skyscrapers whilst bellowing religious exclamations, are likewise conspicuously absent.

Similarly, there is a noticeable lack of Japanese Americans marching into concert halls and detonating suicide vests in crowds of schoolgirls and their guardians, in retaliation for the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and it would be an exceptional occurrence to encounter second generation German immigrants blowing up commuters on the London transport system as retribution for the 2nd World War. However, if these were indeed common occurrences, I would expect reasonable people to be swatting away this kind of tasteless excuse-making reflexively.

Islamic terrorists, conversely, are given special consideration. If the apologists’ arguments had any semblance of consistency, it would be acceptable to claim that Darren Osborn, the Finsbury park terrorist, had legitimate political grievances since his murder of an innocent Muslim must be viewed in the climate of ceaseless Islamic terror attacks. Likewise, if hundreds like him began committing terrorism against Muslims in scores of countries around the world.

https://areomagazine.com/2017/12/17/islamic-terrorism-is-motivated-by-religion-not-retribution/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 10:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The funniest thing about this rather funny thread is that most people reading it think that you are the troll.

"stupid is as stupid does"
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 10:11 pm
Quote:
Muslims complain because they want the good, old days of jizya payments back. Here is what the Iranian ex-Muslim Ali Sina says in his recent book Understanding Muhammad: "Megalomania, bullishness, the sense of entitlement and all other narcissistic traits of Muhammad are present in each and every Muslim, to the extent that they emulate their prophet.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/images/remember-220.jpg
https://en.europenews.dk/Fjordman-Reparations-From-Muslims--81971.html
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 05:22 am
@coldjoint,
There are two basic flaws in your reasoning that make it impossible for anyone to have a reasonable discussion with you. You take them to an extreme (which is why I think it is funny).

1. Muslims are human beings. Human beings are complex, they have beliefs, loves, hates, hopes and fears.

2. Human beings should be judged by their individual actions, not lumped together in groups.

Every post you write and every article you link makes these two errors.

That is why I don't take you seriously. If you started a thread where you accepted the humanity of Muslims, and refrained from guilt by association... I would be happy to take you seriously.

As you asked, I answered your question about what is wrong with your logic.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 07:02 am
Look Coldjoint! Here's someone who is more outrageous than you.

Do you see why Pamela is funny?
Pamela Rosa

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 08:07 am
@maxdancona,

read this:

https://www.amren.com/news/2018/05/millions-of-dollars-in-suitcases-fly-out-of-msp-but-why/
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 09:22 am
@Pamela Rosa,
Can anyone find the original news story, from "Fox 9 News" about $1 million dollars being found in a suitcase? All of the conspiracy sites are referencing this alleged story. But it seems like they just made it up, and there is no "Fox 9 News" story at all about this. When you have to invent a "Fox News" story to back up your conspiracy theory... that's really crazy.

I do look these things up.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 09:50 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
As you asked, I answered your question about what is wrong with your logic.

Much better. Disagreeing on facts can lead to a productive discussion.

Simply mocking people that you disagree with leads nowhere.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 09:54 am
@oralloy,
Do you really think that a productive discussion is possible with people who think that Black Muslims are non-human human/animal hybrids? When the craziness reaches this level, I don't think that anything resembling intelligent discussion is possible.

There is nothing wrong with a little humor.
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 10:00 am
@maxdancona,
You could present arguments that it isn't true.

In fact, I should do that too, although I'm not sure where to find material to counter those arguments. Countering Holocaust denial is a lot easier because a lot of committed people have already assembled good material that can be readily cited in a counterargument.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 10:51 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
You could present arguments that it isn't true.

Why should I bother. These beliefs are so far out there, and the people are so crazy, I might as well present arguments to my dining room table.

While you are here Oralloy, you have the same annoying habit of presenting your beliefs as facts. I don't know if you understand the term "confirmation bias" where you pull out every article, fact or quote that supports your beliefs and ignore the ones that don't. You will notice that as soon as you start doing that... I tend to lose interest in the discussion since you aren't really discussing anything anyway (a discussion involves looking at ideas from more than one ideological bubble).

I mention this because you and Coldjoint have this in common. I don't find you nearly as crazy or odious.

Having a discussion with someone who confuses beliefs with facts is neither productive nor fun. Treating such a person with humor might not be productive either, but at least it is fun.
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 11:08 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Why should I bother.

Because untrue hurtful claims should be challenged with the truth.

Most people don't believe untrue things because they want to be a bad person. They believe untrue things because they are wrong.

maxdancona wrote:
While you are here Oralloy, you have the same annoying habit of presenting your beliefs as facts.

That is incorrect. I present facts as facts.

Sometimes people dislike those facts, but they remain facts.

maxdancona wrote:
I don't know if you understand the term "confirmation bias" where you pull out every article, fact or quote that supports your beliefs and ignore the ones that don't.

Whenever I dismiss something as untrue, I provide a sound logical or factual argument to justify doing so.

maxdancona wrote:
You will notice that as soon as you start doing that... I tend to lose interest in the discussion since you aren't really discussing anything anyway (a discussion involves looking at ideas from more than one ideological bubble).

The fact that I'm completely correct on an issue does not mean that when I defend the truth it doesn't count as a discussion.

maxdancona wrote:
Having a discussion with someone who confuses beliefs with facts is neither productive nor fun.

There is no confusion. When I present facts, they are facts.

maxdancona wrote:
Treating such a person with humor might not be productive either, but at least it is fun.

Making fun of people isn't very nice. When I am not willing to participate in a discussion, I simply don't reply.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 11:25 am
@oralloy,
A challenge for you Oralloy. You will notice that I respond to extremist beliefs on both the left and the right. I am willing go up against either side when they say something crazy or hateful.

I assume you don't agree with Pamela that Black Muslims are subhuman/human hybrids. Go show her the facts, "challenge her with the truth". I would love to see how it is done. You want me to be "nice" to her... lead by example then.

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 11:35 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I assume you don't agree with Pamela that Black Muslims are subhuman/human hybrids. Go show her the facts, "challenge her with the truth". I would love to see how it is done. You want me to be "nice" to her... lead by example then.

I'm thinking about it. But as I said above:

"In fact, I should do that too, although I'm not sure where to find material to counter those arguments. Countering Holocaust denial is a lot easier because a lot of committed people have already assembled good material that can be readily cited in a counterargument."

I don't have ready facts on hand to cite, so I'll have to do some research before I take up the issue. And that means I'll need to find a block of free time to devote to that research.

It's on my to-do list though.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 11:38 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
1. Muslims are human beings. Human beings are complex, they have beliefs, loves, hates, hopes and fears.

I never said they were not. Islam says they are the only human beings. Non-Muslims are pigs and apes and are considered subhuman. But you would not know that because you know nothing about Islam. Islam claims they do not kill innocents, they neglect to tell you non-Muslims are not considered innocents.
Quote:
The Quran Dehumanizes Non-Muslims
and Says that They are Vile Animals

Quote:
Verse 7:176 compares unbelievers to "panting dogs" with regard to their idiocy and worthlessness.

Verse 7:179 says they are like "cattle" only worse.

Verse 9:28 says the unbelievers are unclean.

Verse 6:111 says they are ignorant.

Verse 4:76 says they are helpers of the devil.

Verse 5:60 even says that Allah transformed Jews of the past into apes and pigs. This is echoed by verses 7:166 and 2:65.

A hadith (Bukhari 54:524) says that Muhammad believed rats to be "mutated Jews" (also confirmed by Sahih Muslim 7135 and 7136).

Quote:
2. Human beings should be judged by their individual actions, not lumped together in groups.

I am judging a religion/ideology not individuals. Your argument is not fact based. Read my posts, apparently you have not.
Quote:
Every post you write and every article you link makes these two errors.

No, they do not. You saying they do requires proof. Show me in quotes how I made these mistakes you claim. And someone like you not taking me seriously is clearly your fault, not mine.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/quran-hate.aspx
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 12:01 pm
@oralloy,
I haven't found the beliefs you insist are "facts" to be very factual. Often they are simplistic opinions, and sometimes they don't make sense. Insisting that something is a fact doesn't make it factual no matter how many times you do it or how much circular logic you apply.

I am not willing to argue against your facts even when they make no sense. What's the point? Once you declare that one of your opinions is a "fact" you are saying that it is not-debatable. That makes any reasonable argument impossible.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 12:03 pm
@coldjoint,
There are no Muslim extremists here to argue with. Believe me, if some Muslim extremist ever comes to Able2know saying that non-believers are subhuman, I will treat him or her the same way I treat you.

It doesn't matter to me what kind of extremist you are. You all look the same to me.

coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 12:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
if some Muslim extremist

You are not too bright. Islam says those things an extremist only repeats them.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 12:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Islam says those things an extremist only repeats them.

Which is exactly what you did, sweetheart.

1. Forums
  2. » Assimilation?
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:57:37