Assimilation?

coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 12:15 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
Which is exactly what you did, sweetheart.

So you admit Islam does say those things, teaches hate to a quarter of the world's population and someone like you blames me for telling people?

Try saying something that matters because Islam is relentless, and you are blaming me for your stupidity.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 01:19 pm
That's kind of ridiculous. There were only 20 people who were killed, world wide, in a whole day?

In an average day there are 1,500 murders (world wide). A day with only 20 people killed is a miracle!

coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 02:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
That's kind of ridiculous. There were only 20 people who were killed, world wide, in a whole day?

When it happens day after day? Inspired by Islam and rewarded by Islamists. You are ridiculous. I guess you do not value life, that is your problem.
Quote:
Algeria

“But the coming Islamic caliphate country will not rise except at the hands of the fighting sect who raises the flag of Allah and Jihad.”

Statement from the Salafi terrorist group, one of several fundamentalist cells responsible for the slaughter of 150,000 men women and children in the 1990’s.

"Our Jihad consists of killing and dispersing all those who fight against Allah and his Prophet."

"Throat-slitting and murder until the power is Allah's!"

Just one example.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/in-the-name-of-allah.aspx
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 02:33 pm
@coldjoint,
I am trying to decide who makes me laugh more, you or IzzyThePush. You are very similar in your mode of reasoning, you push everything right over the edge (although you are on opposite extreme ends of the spectrum).

You say I don't value life. He says I hate women. It is really all the same.

I think you are a little funnier just because your posts are just a bit more absurd.

coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 02:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am trying to decide who makes me laugh more, you or IzzyThePush.

You think people are here for you? Your evaluation of my posts with no factual backing are only important to you.

You have made this point before. Are you going to hang around and repeat yourself, or are you going to produce something that makes me wrong about Islam? I think the former answers that question.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 02:50 pm
@coldjoint,
I hope that other people reading are amused by this thread.

Nah, I don't think I need to produce anything to "make you wrong about Islam". And I doubt that there is anything I can say to make you see it yourself. It is rare that extremists of any kind change their beliefs.

What you are saying is ridiculous. So that is what I am doing.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 02:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Nah, I don't think

Enough said.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 02:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Good one Coldjoint! I knew you had a sense of humor.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 03:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I knew you had a sense of humor.

I am talking to you aren't I? The sense of humor is a gimme.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 04:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I haven't found the beliefs you insist are "facts" to be very factual.

You are mistaken. The facts that I provide are quite factual.

maxdancona wrote:
Often they are simplistic opinions,

Facts are often very straightforward. However, facts are not opinions.

maxdancona wrote:
and sometimes they don't make sense.

If you don't understand a fact, that doesn't mean that it's not a fact.

If you don't understand a fact, maybe you should ask for a clarification.

maxdancona wrote:
Insisting that something is a fact doesn't make it factual no matter how many times you do it or how much circular logic you apply.

I don't apply circular logic.

One of the really neat things about facts is, there is no need for me to make them factual. Facts are just naturally factual of their own accord.

maxdancona wrote:
I am not willing to argue against your facts even when they make no sense. What's the point?

I agree that arguing against reality is pointless.

However, if you don't understand something, you could ask for a clarification and I could do my best to explain.

maxdancona wrote:
Once you declare that one of your opinions is a "fact" you are saying that it is not-debatable. That makes any reasonable argument impossible.

I don't declare my opinions as facts. I declare facts as facts.

True that there is little point in making arguments against reality.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 04:23 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The facts that I provide are quite factual.

I don't apply circular logic.

One of the really neat things about facts is, there is no need for me to make them factual. Facts are just naturally factual of their own accord.

I don't know whether you are trying to be funny. I suspect not. But for you to use circular logic to assert you don't apply circular logic is funny.

Let me explain it this way.

If you say that your "facts" are "just naturally factual of their own accord", you will never have a logical. And, some of us will laugh at this ridiculous assertion.

In a productive discussion, generally the participants agree on a set of facts and note where they disagree. If someone in a discussion doesn't accept your view of the facts, then it doesn't make any sense to use them to prove anything.

Stating... "my 'facts', as I understand them, are the factual facts" is not only ridiculous, it also makes a discussion of any depth simply impossible.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 04:34 pm
@maxdancona,
And.... I will tell you the reason that your facts seem like opinions. The things you state as fact are ridiculously predictable and one sided.

- Pamela suggests that Black Muslims are subhuman hybrids (and procedes to make an anthropological argument to back this up). The logical holes here are obvious... when someone converts do they change species? It is ridiculous. And yet, since this is coming from a conservative voice, you are unwilling or unwilling to challenge it. The idea that someone's religion will change their DNA doesn't even pass the laugh test.

- If someone suggests that the 2nd amendment might not provide an absolute right to bear arms, you come back with a set of rationales and arguments to refute such a right (in spite of the fact that many constitutional scholars have disagreed about this).

Your "facts" aren't even to the level of opinions. Your "facts" are a rigid political ideology.

I am willing to accept some of your "facts" for the sake of a discussion. After some thought, I am even willing to accept some of your "facts" as valid. It is a matter of being willing to question your own ideology... I tend to disagree with the Family Resource Council (a fundamentalist Christian political group that still opposes same sex marriage), but I will admit when they have a point.

A firmly held Political ideology does not count as "facts".
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 04:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
And.... I will tell you the reason that your facts seem like opinions. The things you state as fact are ridiculously predictable and one sided.

And you avoiding the topic with your criticism of other posters serves what purpose? React to what is said, not who said it. It shows your level of objectivity is 0.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 04:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Don't get jealous, sweetheart. I have far more respect for Oralloy than I do for you. You might notice that I actually respond to him seriously.

I come to these threads because you are so fun to play with.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I actually respond to him seriously.

Quite an ego. I do not care what you think of me. Islam is a serious problem and you think it is not. But you cannot disagree without taunting, while offering no reasons why you do not agree, shows you are emotionally stunted, I see no point in engaging a narcissist.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 05:02 pm
Quote:
Here we try to expose some of these games and help truth-seekers find their way through the maze of disingenuous (often blatantly false) claims about Islam and its history.

A little reading will show most objective an open minded people that Islam is misrepresented by design. I hope there are some of those people here.
Quote:
If Islam were a Violent Religion Then All Muslims Would Be Violent

If you read you get to this:
Quote:
What this means is that proof of what Islam teaches or what the Quran says is not necessarily found in what the majority of Muslims choose to do or not do.

Quote:
Adherents may think or say whatever they want to about Islam, it doesn't change what Islam says about itself. As a documented ideology, Islam exists independently of anyone's opinion.

Something no one thinks of when accusing people of condemning all Muslims.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/games/all-muslims-would-be-violent.aspx
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 05:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Don't get jealous, sweetheart. I have far more respect for Oralloy than I do for you. You might notice that I actually respond to him seriously.

You should respect everybody and respond to everyone seriously.
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 05:16 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
If you say that your "facts" are "just naturally factual of their own accord", you will never have a logical.

I will never have a logical what? You left the last word off your sentence.

maxdancona wrote:
And, some of us will laugh at this ridiculous assertion.

Pointing out that facts are true is hardly ridiculous.

maxdancona wrote:
In a productive discussion, generally the participants agree on a set of facts and note where they disagree. If someone in a discussion doesn't accept your view of the facts, then it doesn't make any sense to use them to prove anything.

If the other party denies reality, then they are unlikely to be convinced by reality, that is true.

But at least I've spoken up for reality and stated the facts for the record. Anyone who reads the thread will not see an unbroken chain of untrue claims, but will also read my factual challenges to those untrue claims.

maxdancona wrote:
Stating... "my 'facts', as I understand them, are the factual facts" is not only ridiculous,

Not when the facts that I provide really are the actual facts.

maxdancona wrote:
it also makes a discussion of any depth simply impossible.

It depends. Anyone who tries to challenge reality will likely always be frustrated by the experience. Those of use who defend reality will find the discussion to be productive however.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 05:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Reality is not an opinion. If you feel that it is, you are wrong.

maxdancona wrote:
- Pamela suggests that Black Muslims are subhuman hybrids (and procedes to make an anthropological argument to back this up). The logical holes here are obvious... when someone converts do they change species? It is ridiculous. And yet, since this is coming from a conservative voice, you are unwilling or unwilling to challenge it.

Unwilling or unwilling? Is there a third option? I think you mistyped one of the options.

Anyway, I remind you that I have already stated my intention to challenge it as soon as I have time to look up facts to cite on the matter.

maxdancona wrote:
- If someone suggests that the 2nd amendment might not provide an absolute right to bear arms, you come back with a set of rationales and arguments to refute such a right (in spite of the fact that many constitutional scholars have disagreed about this).

Well, it depends on what you mean by "absolute". There are certainly limits to the right, just as with all rights.

A great many of my posts directly address those limits and the question of what is or is not protected by the Second Amendment. If you claim that I am denying the existence of something that I endlessly talk about, that is contrary to reality.

On the other hand, within the limits of the right, the Second Amendment is indeed absolute. If anyone says otherwise, their statement is not true.

maxdancona wrote:
Your "facts" aren't even to the level of opinions. Your "facts" are a rigid political ideology.

Facts are facts. Nothing more, nothing less.

maxdancona wrote:
A firmly held Political ideology does not count as "facts".

Reality, however, does count as facts.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 May, 2018 05:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
You should respect everybody and respond to everyone seriously.

Coldjoint is attacking over 1 billion people that he has never met in a pretty nasty way. Some of the people he is attacking are people that I have met, including one Muslim couple of whom I am quite fond.

Coldjoint's attacks are ridiculous. My ridiculing him seems appropriate by definition.

The fact that he is attacking real people he has never met based only on their religion, I think he has lost the right to expect respect himself.

1. Forums
  2. » Assimilation?
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:24:59