Is WinME better then Win98SE??

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 06:11 am
WinME is actually the third version of Win98 but I´ve heard that it is much more "bugs" and problems then it is with Win98SE, so I wonder if someone can post a reply with an answer about that, and, if it is better, I want to know about what updates I should download if I switch to it. Confused Smile

Thanks......Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 774 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bubbleme80

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:56 am
hi.. sorry i do not know much about them too much.. but WinMe has been much more unstable from my experience.

So far.. i used all different windows and i find XP to be most stable, and then 98SE.

as for as updates, i think they stopped all updates for ME and 98SE. But i do not know what previous updates you should download.

Sorry to be not much help.

i've always been told to stay AWAY from ME. i always tell to stay AWAY from ME. not me.. but millenium edition.. haha it sounded funny reading the sentence.

ME somehow gave me errors when i had NO drivers installed, or programs other than ME.. And start-up is extremely slow.
0 Replies

daddymurphy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 07:55 am
Thanks anyway....
Thanks anyway, I´m glad for any good suggestions I get... Razz
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 05:11 pm
I'd not advise movin' to Win ME if there is any aternative. While if properly updated and configured, with the appropriate drivers, apps, and so forth ME can be made to run stably and reliably, it just ain't worth the effort if goin' to XP is an option. If the choice is between 98 and ME period, stick w/98 'til you can go to XP. Be advised also that more and more newer technologies are unsupported by any 9x flavor. The same is true of many Microsoft-provided security and privacy aids and updates, their newer browsers, email, and messaging clients, and new applications and application suites as well. Overall, the days of Microsoft support for 9x platforms are numbered - and numbered at the short end of the scale.
0 Replies