John McCain

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 06:32 am
@edgarblythe,
He's not as maverick as he portrays himself to be. He takes some grand, well-reasoned and principled stands yet he ALWAYS fails to follow through? Many of his political views are deserving of legitimate respect on both sides of the political arena. He gives up on them too easy. He's more of a scavenger that way.

You can't openly denounce a demagogue like Trump (preelection) then throw all your political weight and fury to help that demagogue win the election because... you know... opportunism... and bitch about the sh!testorm and tsunami that Trump unleashes on you ... because Trump ... being a psychopathic, antiloyal (to turn a phrase) coward always returns political favors with an appropriate punishment.

We need to stop putting McCain up on a pedestal as long as McCain himself is loading the shotgun that Trump in return keeps shooting McCain in his face time and time again.

Either McCain takes Trump down (and he's politically strong enough to do it given the well earned credibility he has managed throughout his decades political career) or he can keep returning back to Trump and the Republican party like an abused, neglected and submissive dog while basically destroying his only chance to save his party and ultimately the country from any further political cancer that is Trump.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 06:49 am
@tsarstepan,
You can't expect a man who seems at death's door to carry on that sort of fight, more than he has. If he is capable of bringing down Trump, so are lots of other Republicans.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 07:32 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I can't think of a reason to read that poison.

You might not want to read it because you know you are spreading your own poison . The crap you support, and that includes people you support, are the last things this country needs.
I know you think you are all that when you are no more than a useful idiot and only half qualified for that job.

Spare your moralizing and superiority complex for someone more deserving. I want no part of it.

The crap glitterbag supports? Big words coming from a man trying to convince me there are Sharia zones in my own tiny country that I am not aware of. Also, calling a dying man hateful and saying he is on the road to hell is mighty moralizing in and of itself, you know...
glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 07:41 am
@najmelliw,
I don't know why anyone pays attention to that cranky old gas-bag.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 11:10 am
@najmelliw,
Quote:
trying to convince me there are Sharia zones in my own tiny country that I am not aware of.

I don't recall saying that but if are you denying Sharia is enforced in enclaves, no matter if it is just a couple of blocks, it shows your ignorance.

As far as Glitterbag her posts are no different than many here who bitch and moan with 0 to back it up. And McCain going to Hell is a prediction, not moralizing.
Below viewing threshold (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 02:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Spare your moralizing and superiority complex for someone more deserving. I want no part of it.

Rather, why don't you just disappear? You won't have to worry about anyone moralizing - as if they're posting just for your sake.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 May, 2018 02:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Rather, why don't you just disappear?

Pretty good job with that ignoring. Your answer is no.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 09:30 am
@Ragman,
Oh Jesus, man. Watch some footage of Palin before letting those words out!
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 09:34 am
@Lash,
What a mess, huh?!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 10:34 am
@Lash,
Sounds alright to me.

Ragman

Reply Wed 16 May, 2018 12:58 pm
@izzythepush,
A tribute to how good these 2 were (Cleese and the good Palin) is that almost all of their skits hold up...no matter how many times I have watched. The fish skit is hysterical.
0 Replies