Which monitor is better?

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 11:35 am
I want to buy an LCD to better protect my vision. Most of the LCD monitors on the market, at least in China, seem to display TV programs poorly. Nevertheless, LCD TV sets perform excellently in displaying TV programs. However, the price of an LCD TV is about 1.33 times higher than the price of a computer LCD.

What I want to know is: is it feasible to use an LCD TV set instead of a computer LCD as the monitor connected to my host (computer)? Can it show small letters as clearly as a laptop computer does? I've gone to some local stores to inquire, asking sales staff to connect the LCD TV set to a computer to see whether it can show small letters clearly, but they told me they didn't have a computer to do this with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 852 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:32 am
I have a flat screen and it's wonderfull.The small letters seem fine but could maybe somehow be better.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:00 pm
An LCD - Monitor or TV - is gonna be no better than the highest resolution it can display. Most LCD TVs simply cannot display anything resemblin' the sharpness of an LCD designed as a computer monitor. High-Definition LCD TVs are a different story; many can be put to dual duty - television and computer monitor. Those are capable of HDTV's 1080 interlaced lines of resolution and higher, and also can handle the refresh rates used by computer monitors. Standard definition TVs have a bit under half the necessary capabilities required to serve as a satisfactory computer monitor. If you're lookin' for a flat panel that'll serve well for both TV and computer monitor, your lookin' at spendin' a pretty fair amount of money. The price goes up a lot as screen size gors up, too.

All that said, I still personally prefer the display qualities of conventional, old-fashioned, big, bulky cathode ray tubes - both as computer monitors and as viseo displays, standard or Hi Definition. Flat panel displays have come a long way, but they still have a way to go, as far as I'm concerned.
0 Replies