If time travel is possible, then could we change the past?

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 08:58 am
Yes and I think he used a pure silver tray full of water to see these events.Any comment...In a documentary I saw this object and in the book Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell this is what Norrell used to see into things.Silver is the best of allmetals for the conduction of electricity so what next.Homeric words to turn the water on.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:31 am
is it possible to frame an event where 'something' is about to happen, but, using a 'switch' of some sort, one can affect the out come of the event in a random manner? The switch must be autonomous, and self contained, so that no external force can effect it, and able to randomly make arbitrary 'choices', through numerous itterations. The trick is in the design of the randomization 'switch'!

[rather like 'scientific' "Grounghog Day"]
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 09:42 am
yes a switch is a step in a more accurate reference point.So if Nostradamos had a bowl of silver and he wanted to have it relay one set of visual values he would have....
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 11:11 am
Where do you place the emphasis, the antenna, ie silver bowl ..... data recieved, ie vision/intuition (?) .... or the processor, ie human senses/intellect? Where is the product/prediction produced

The importance is in that there are branchings. Why may lead to how.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 01:18 pm
I guess one would see it in the water in the bowl.While on Greece they mentioned to me that if you froze two differently treated water.One to classical music the other to Punk.The designs in the frozen water would be much more beautiful in the one that had the more prosaic music.Hense the liquid watermight be able to reveal something.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 02:39 pm
Great stuff people. As for the Nostradamus thing, his predictions are vague and are not organized. I don't think we can really conclude that he predicted things.

Anyways, I was just thinking that if time travel is possible, then it might just be that when you do go to the past and try to change things, it might just end up like before, or you're in an alternate universe. I don't think that it is possible to time travel though. To reverse time, you might have to rewind everything in the universe, and thus you might not even remember that you rewinded time. Also, it might not be logical for the same protons and electrons to exist at the same time.
0 Replies