Yet another HJT log...

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 06:16 pm
I went through all the steps a few weeks back and everything was running great. Now my system is wigging out . Any clues here ?

Running processes:
E:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
E:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
E:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
E:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
E:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe
E:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
E:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
E:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
E:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmon.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
E:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
E:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
E:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
E:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie/button/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp_adbe/defaults/sb/*http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp_adbe/defaults/sp/*http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\Blank.htm
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - E:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - E:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] E:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] E:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "E:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] E:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] E:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] E:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] E:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 715 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Don77

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:14 pm
what exactly is happening ?
Need to give us a little more info to work with,, There isn't really anything in your log
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:33 pm
Sorry for being so vague. Windows wont let me open about half of the programs on our machine. If I try to run any diagnostic program (anything in system tools) , I either get a blue screen or a freeze. Symantec and BitDefender don't find anything , nor did trend micro. I've tried to run Windows Registry Repair , but I get a blue screen there too.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:00 pm
Did you install or uninstall any new hardware or software around the time the problem showed up? I suspect somethin' along that line - perhaps even somethin' directly involvin' your Windows install. There's nothin' in your HJT log that would explain your symptoms, anyhow.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:34 pm
Thanks for the replies... We just switched from dial up to dsl , so we added that software. We also went from Norton 2003 (with updates) to the newest Symantec. It's possible that the Windows install left out something or . I wiped the hard drive about 2 months ago and did a custom install. This machine has been a little weird since we brought it home in early Dec.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 08:55 am
To my thinkin', that sorta narrows it down to your Windows install. You might wanna try an overlay full re-install, but that may or may not help. I'm guessin' you've already tried "Last Known Good" and "Restore" without success, and that you didn't make yoursdelf a set of Windows emegency boot disks or Anti-Virus emergency boot disks when the Windows install was fresh. What I'd suggest is send for the free SP2 disk from Microoft (that'll save lotsa time, even considerib' broadband), back up all your personal data -includin' address books, calendars, and valuable emails - gather up all your drivers and apps - and any product keys or activation keyys needed - and do a full format-and-fresh-install, then spend the necessary time at Windows Update before goin' any further. That's drastic, so I don't blame ya for lookin' for alternatives, but you can go through a whole buncha alternatives and wind up havin' to do it anyhow.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 05:57 pm
I was just trying to reply to this when KABOOM ...The machine went south for the winter. Re formatted twice.... Still not stable. Hardware problem? Surely not from a fine name like D*LL.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 06:15 pm
Could be hardware related - ya might wanna make sure all internal cable connections - includin' power connections - are secure, that all fans are function' properly, that no cables or ribbons are blockin' airflow over your processor, and that the interior is reasonably clean. Might be a good idea to unseat and reseat all of your cards and memory strips, too, makin' sure the contacts all are clean and the devices are firmly locked into place.

Another thing to think about - remote, but not out of the question - do ya have a buncha USB peripherals connected? If so, ya might wanna go the powered hub route, rather than havin' the machine's power supply carry the whole load.

If none of that turns out good for ya, it might be time for a shop visit - or, dependin' on the machine's age and capabilities, a replacement.
0 Replies