Grappling with destiny..

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 12:12 pm
As any of you who have recurrent cancer, know.There are changes happening, even those who are in the first round can experience this.It's much like going up and down.For me, I tried everything, conventional treatment and unconventional treatment.I wanted to try anything that would have let me face this beast.

So, I did everything I could find.I did the conventional treatments; I did surgery, chemotherapy, herbs, and diet.I also did acupuncture, and soul searching.I was trying every hope.The bottom line, it has been a good spiritual journey for me.Maybe, it could be numinous, but it was an important part of my experience.

I found that when I was at periods of rest, I felt that I was facing the cancer moving in my body.Then thoughts would come and I would say, " I did this right, and I did that right, that's why I'm here".Then after a while it would come back again.This time I'd say, " well, I didn't this right, and I didn't that right".The questions came again and again, and for me I found them deepening questions.That's why I considered it a spiritual journey.

To give you a perspective on me, I was what it call a human doing.I trained myself to be busy all the time.I was good at solving problems with my mental abilities.That was part of our culture.In a sense, you can think of it as masculine doing, expressive.I was relying on that in my life, and it had done well with me...

continue later..

The original by Merrily Bronson
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 418 • Replies: 0
No top replies