Is the theory behind 'The Da Vinci Code' fact or fiction?

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 02:23 pm
I guess the answer here is that a faith is not necessarily built on the truth.
0 Replies

spearjig

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 02:47 pm
da vinci code fact or fiction
The Da Vinci Code is even foxier than you think. A timely release indeed. It appears to have paved the way for further publications, for instance, peep at Edit: Moderator: Link removed and the sensational news that England's own Lincoln Cathedral - where scenes for the Hollywood were controversially shot in August - actually does have its own legitimate 'Da Vinci Code', unnoticed for over 150 years... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:00 pm
Woah, nice thread bump.
0 Replies

spearjig

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 05:12 am
lincoln cathedral da vinci code
Apologies to the Moderator for that (my error)
Ok - in short, what has happened is that in April of this year a rather bizarre scene at the scene of The Last Supper had been detected at the Great east Window within Lincoln Cathedral, England, where scenes for the Da Vinci movie were, strangely and coincidentally shot this August. On Christ's plate, instead of either a cup or a loaf, we see a DOG. This had gone unnoticed for 150 years! This dog reappears again elsewhere in the Cathedral on a 15C wood carving at THE STATIONS OF THE CROSS, looking up at Jesus. It appears again outside on a statue of famous Grail poet and commenator Lord Tennyson. Gathered up, these dog clues indicate something to do with the dog star Sirius and when it rises on a particular date - its sun rise line, when the sun has rose, has to do with the famed Rose-Line. Interlocking clues within the Cathedral are aplenty, it even has its own demon guardian carved in stone, with its crossed leg the same as the demon in the church at Rennes-le-Chateau. The suggestion is that, the church of Mary Magdalene high up a hill in France with its demon guardian, is a repository of clues to lead you to Lincoln Cathedral in England, built upon the demolished ruins of a mary magdalene church, high up a hill and with its demon guardian. There is so much more - too much to be insignificant. And remember, DB in his book did state that the grail was in England, before whiskingus off to fance!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:34 pm
It is fiction as is religion itself.
0 Replies

spearjig

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:35 pm
da vinci code
A great comment, there, but in algebra ( a method of calculating by symbols) two minuses(fictions) equal a plus(fact)... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:50 pm
I went to Rennes le Chateau. Been in the church etc etc. et in arcadia ego. blue apples.

Its all true. As a senior member of the illuminati (rosicrucians) I can vouch for it.
0 Replies

spearjig

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:06 pm
da vinci code
Hmmm. I went in 1985. The Rennes parchments 1 & 2 actually are solved when applied to Lincoln cathedral. The blue apples bit are when the sun shines thru a specific piece of blue glass there at noon on 22nd of each July..inside the cathedral it gives the effectof 'blue apples' on the floor. Its all there, the lot. Lincoln Cathedral, England. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

bigbootea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 05:22 am
is this book a good READ or is it a TITILATION???
that could be a question...very well said.... thank you.....i believe it could be but..... hhhmmmm that is a good stable query......by my reckoning....hey did i spell tittilation correctly????.....T-I-T....whats the rest??????doh....heh heh.....need more input......thank you until....
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:53 am
Thats interesting Spear. Do you work for the local tourist board?

There is a dog on Christ's plate? Unnoticed for 150 years....and plenty more 'proof' ok just one point will suffice.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:59 am
I just atched a show on the History channel regarding the validity of the Da Vinci Code and found that there is very little, if no, historical proof that any of the events actually tie into the Holy Grail or that the Templar Knights guarded it. The places in the book that have suspicious markings and significance to the Holy Grail are all ficticious or stretched very far to make "the truth" in the book. They said that the farther into the present he goes in the book, the farther away from the truth he gets.

It appears that Dan Brown is just a very good writer.
0 Replies

spearjig

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:02 pm
is the da vinci code fact or fiction?
Have a peep at that very dog on the plate at; www.freewebs.com/lincolncathedraldavinci code
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:07 pm
There is also no real historic evidence that the Priory of Sion had anything to do with protecting the Holy Grail.
0 Replies

DavidH

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:11 pm
I saw that same program, Bella. I completely agree. Dan Brown is a very good writer, but that's all he is; a writer. He's not a historian or a theologan or any other "an" that lead me to believe what's in that book, superb though it is.
Interesting theory, though.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:26 pm
DavidH wrote:
I saw that same program, Bella. I completely agree. Dan Brown is a very good writer, but that's all he is; a writer. He's not a historian or a theologan or any other "an" that lead me to believe what's in that book, superb though it is.
Interesting theory, though.

Wasn't it though? I mean, the theory is so good, it actually could work...if the things in it were actually true. Very Happy
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:53 pm
God is Dog backwards !!!
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 01:54 pm
WHY IS THERE NO 'YES' OPTION IN THAT POLL!!!!????

I WOULD VOTE YES
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:01 pm
nick17 wrote:

I WOULD VOTE YES

It isn't a yes or no question, that's why.

What are you answering yes to? It's a novel? Or it's more?

The question, if posed as a yes or no question, would have read:

Is the DaVinci code just a novel? Yes or no
OR
Is the DaVinci code more than a novel? Yes or no
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:28 pm
Anyways let me please apease your ego with the fact that this book opens the eyes of the North American Christian world to so many other thought stimulating ideas.If the library of Allexandria was not burnt down these questions into Jesus might seem similar to other equally quasilordlike.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 05:37 am
Bella Dea wrote:
nick17 wrote:

I WOULD VOTE YES

It isn't a yes or no question, that's why.

What are you answering yes to? It's a novel? Or it's more?

The question, if posed as a yes or no question, would have read:

Is the DaVinci code just a novel? Yes or no
OR
Is the DaVinci code more than a novel? Yes or no

if it isn't a YES or NO question; then why is there a NO option!!???
0 Replies