Is the theory behind 'The Da Vinci Code' fact or fiction?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:29 am
Just a small point......what did people think of the ending?

I loved the book up until the last ten pages. Then it seemed as if the Author had a BBQ to go to, and thought to himself "Brilliant ending? or Chargrilled steak......Oh F**k it, I'm Hungry".

I feel that had he just sat down and drank a couple of beers with his mates, he could have asked for suggestions and received three or four different endings that would have been far better.

SHAME.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:48 am
Totally agree...lol. Or maybe his 12 year old secretly finished it up for him.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:54 am
Page-turning bubblegum for the mind. I enjoyed it but it's not life altering. And damn if I didn't figure out who the bad guy was about a third of the way into it. Double damn.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:54 am
Oh, definitely. Felt like first there was a checklist -- "don't offend pope. The Priory of Sion isn't pure evil.", etc. -- then once that was taken care of, he was kinda hmm better wrap up the story too badda boom.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:57 am
Wrapping up a story can be quite difficult. Maybe he had some good ideas, but didn't want to extend the book another fifty pages.

It wasn't that great of a book anyway. I was glad to see it end.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:00 am
Oh, for sure it can be difficult -- writing a real rip-roaring yarn can be difficult, too (well, not for you, Gus), and he managed that OK 'til the end.

The little "don't offend" checklist is what annoyed me more, though maybe its very transparency was part of the point.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:02 am
It seemed he was setting up "Son Of The DaVinci Code"
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:52 am
I KNOW......Lets get Gus to do an alternative ending.....it could be a cross between the Da Vinci Code, Animal Farm and The Living Planet.....Religeon, Politics and lots of Gibbons having sex..... all in one.

Blockbuster or what !!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:55 am
Quote:
.it could be a cross between the Da Vinci Code, Animal Farm and Emmanuelle.....Religeon, Politics and unnatural sex all in one.
I am only hoping the "unnatural sex" doesn't refer to Animal Farm.

You've been locked in that big house in the country for too long Ellpus. Somebody find him Terri Hatcher's home phone number.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:52 am
First we need an agent
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 01:37 am
I've never read the book, but I've seen a documentary disproving the book's claims.

Apparently, he was influenced by a previous quest for the Grail book. Unfortunately, it's nothing more than a conspiracy theory. The society stuff is fake. It was a hoax that this guy in France made up. I hear he/someone involved in the hoax, confessed.

Also, the Knight Templar was targeted because of their wealth, not because they know some sort of secret, and it's pretty vague to pick out V's from paintings and to say that a portrait of a feminine-faced person is actually a female.
0 Replies

DEVARSHY

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:35 am
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29792&item=6954035699&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

AN AUDIO BOOK OF THIS.^^^
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 09:34 am
This listing () has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

Makes you wonder if perhaps the Vatican has moved more quickly than we could imagine
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 10:07 am
What amazes me is that the divinity of Christ was finally settled by a show of hands at the council of Nicea in I think about 325 AD.

What!?

Many people continued to regard Jesus as the central figure in the church, but not God.

As such it would be most unusual if he did not take a wife or wives and produce heirs.

My only query with this is that during the last 2000 or so years, very few people have come forward to claim decendency from Christ. One might think there would be an incentive to do so.
0 Replies

Tango jesus

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 06:22 am
Everything is a aboot view points,
obviously some of u r looking at the church as an evil thing, when there is not one religion on earth, older than, say 1000 yr that has been pristine. Hidduism, has had its hand in human sacrifice, paganism, isnt a religion, but all the different religions that come under the pagan banner, have done much worse than the catholic, church,

And fine, lets say everything the book says aboot the catholic church is the truth, the good things the church has done outways the bd by millions upon millions to one.

As i said... all about view point.

Cheers
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 03:26 pm
I have no dog in this fight
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 04:47 pm
What is this all aboot?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 09:57 pm
Heathens and the Faithful discuss a best seller.
0 Replies

wales rules

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 11:12 am
Hey guyz! I haven't bin around l8ly coz i jst got bk frm holiday! I recommend 4 weeks in dubai very strongly! I'm surprised the discussion has got this far! I'd jst like to say that the book is obviously a fictional story we must remember that but there are traces of truth in there somewhere! And if there are any decendants of christ then they probably prefer secrecy as to publiity as i'm sure someone out there would think of murder and, let's face it, who wnts the publicity?!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 03:28 pm
Back in the late 60's early 70's I was in catholic grammar school.
I have very distinct memories of being taught things by nuns that seem contrary to all this bru-ha-ha about christianity.
Maybe they were renegades of the church.

I learned from them that Mary did not remain a virgin her entire life.
That Jesus could have married and could have had children. - It doesn't say anywhere he didn't.
I total believe Jesus had sexual relationships in his life. He was a man you know.

Also - a little off the subject - I was also taught evolution. It's really beyond me why people think that evil.
Even as a child I understood that a day to the creator could have been billions and billions of years.
And with some of the people I've met in life. I'm more proud sometimes with my connection to an single cell creature
0 Replies