Our city, Sunnyvale, has been named safest city

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 05:04 pm
Yup, for three years in a row, our city won the title of "Safest City in the US."
We also lived in Naperville some decades ago, and they were also named "Safest City in the US." We just know how to pick our home.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,305 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 07:15 pm
Good choices, CI.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 08:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
What we concerned ourselves with when choosing a city to call home, we wanted to make sure that the schools were considered some of the best. When we bought here in the mid-1970's, it was a quiet growing city between San Francisco and San Jose, transforming from farming country, mostly cherry farms, to become the suburbs for the two major cities. Our home was built in 1955, but we've done major renovation on this home from top to bottom. We replaced all the window and doors, and most of the flooring. We live close to highway 101 and 280, so we have a choice in traveling north or south. Our children grew up here, and they have done well through college. *will continue later.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 08:34 pm
I don't recall anything about Sunnyvale. When I was a kid, we went on hikes from Campbell to Los Gatos. I don't recall many details. My memory is of lots of woods. I think we did it three times, before moving back to Fresno.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 08:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Our older son got his graduate degree at the University of Texas in Austin, works and now lives there. Our younger son passed on in 2013 from an overdose of opiates. We didn't know he was hooked, until we got the autopsy report. He had great potential, because he graduated from college magna cum laude. I think opiates is widespread, and kills many young adults. According to WAPO, 100 die from opiates every day. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/02/07/100-americans-die-of-drug-overdoses-each-day-how-do-we-stop-that/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.75bc9738bf97
glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 09:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
check back later.
0 Replies