Need Comprehensive List Of Special Days, Weeks, Months, Etc.

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:07 am
I know that February is Black History Month and that this is Eat More Vegetables week and that the 14th is not only Valentine's Day, but Read to Your Kid Day.

Is there a single website that lists all of the Decreed Special Days and Weeks and Months all in one place?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 14,648 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:11 am
Hope that this helps:

http://www.earthcalendar.net/_php/lookup.php?mode=country
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:20 am
Phoenix--

I had my fingers crossed that you and your computer skills would come to my rescue. I found Earth Calendar and it is enormously useful for days of ....how shall I say...national and cosmic importance.

Every week that Congress and our State legislatures are in session a certain amount of time is devoted to proclaiming that such and such will be National Humming Bird Day or National Sugar Beet Day or National Paul Bunyan Day.

I'm hoping that someone has amassed all these "significant" days in one place.

I'm after institutionalized trivia.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:52 pm
I haven't found National Hummingbird Day yet and haven't really done a search for Paul Bunyan's Day, but I'm sure it's in this list somewhere.

http://www.emotionscards.com/locations.html

Noddy, I wish you had brought this subject up last month. I've already missed Bubble Bath Day, Psychiatric Technician's Day and Penguin's Awareness Day. Dang Blasted - What a disappointment!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:10 pm
A good list seems to be this one - by courtesy of A2K's portal :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:05 pm
Raggedyaggie--

That is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. Now I know the February is not only Black History Month, but:

February Monthly Celebrations and Observances:
National Black History Month, American Heart Month, Wedding Month, Back For Family Fun Week, International Boost Self-Esteem Month, International Expect Success Month, National Bird Feeding Month, National Caffeine Addiction Awareness Month, National Cherry Month, National Children's Dental Health Month, National Hot Breakfast Month, National Single and Searching Month, Plant the Seeds of Greatness Month, Publicity for Profit Month, Potato Lover's Month, Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month, Spiritual Teachers Month and Wise Health Care Consumer Month
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:08 pm
Walter--

Marvelous. Not only Dates of Varying Import, but a social calendar as well.

>15.Feb.2005
The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a reception for the Magistrates' ... (England)

Now I can keep up with the Royal Family and move vicariously through all sorts of exalted circles.

Thank you.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
My pleasure, Noddy. I'm so happy that we still have a few hours within which to celebrate Ferris Wheel Day.
0 Replies

surfdude

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:52 pm
Noddy...Everyday is a decreed special day. Read to your kid day, Love your spouce day, be nice to your boss day, Shave a cat day, kick the dog day, run that knuckle head that just cut you off on the freeway into the center divide day, Hug a tree day, cut that tree down and have a bon fire day.... there are just soooomany... As for the one location...It's all in your head! uhhhh errrr ok maybe my head.

EVERYDAY ALLL THINGS SHOULD BE CELEBRATED! MOST OF ALL EVERYTHING AOURND YOU TAHT YOU LOVE AND CHERISH! PUT THIS ON YOUR CALENDER FOR EVERDAY AND CHECK IT OFTEN (Just so you know what specially decreed day it is). the rest are just corporate.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 05:03 pm
surfdude--

I spend so much time contemplating my personal glories that my conscience ordered me to investigate the rest of the world.
0 Replies