Les Uns et les Autres

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 05:44 am
Les Uns et les Autres (Lelouch, 1981) is one of my favourite films ever. It amazes me how it gets a score of only 6.8 at IMDB, when over 65% of the votes give an 8 or higher.

Anyway, for those of you who have seen the film, a number of the characters were based on musical icon of the past. I have identified Josephine Baker, Herbert von Karajan, Glen Miller, Edith Piaf and Rudolf Nurejev, while the young protest singer at the end resembles a young Patrick Bruel, but that would be coincidence since Bruel's career did not take off until 1982. However, I wonder whether I have missed any. Do please enlighten me.

Rgrds from the snow.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 794 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:23 pm
I think what the user rating reflects is that nearly 7 out of 10 people liked the film which in a average is very good. The film's length may have kept the film from a loftier place in film history -- the critics were not originally kind to it. The final scene, the performance of "Bolero" before a French audience may be the best thing about the film. It's been so long since I've seen it and may be time to rent it (haven't checked NetFlix or if it is even available on DVD).
0 Replies