D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:LockCB..

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:07 am
I´ve got 2 computers to play on and when I started the game "soldat" with the old one which has a Voodoo3 ( That is so good huh?? RazzRazz ) it comes up an graphics error and it´s written like this : The D3D8.DLL file is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:LockCB, which is missing...so then I tried to download both *.dll files at dllfiles.com which has helped me lots of times, but the files existed and I have the newest drivers installed, so then I searched for help at altavista.com to see if someone had that problem too and know how to fix it, but I didn´t find any good page for it, so I wonder if someone of you guys know how to fix it. Thank you...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,310 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Bleddyn

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:07 am
ddraw.dll:lockcb
I'm having the same trouble do you know how to fix it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:18 pm
Just off the toppa my head, that seems awful like a DirectX issue. I suggest you Update to the latest DirectX Runtime. Not sure that'll do the trick for you - could be the Voodoo card just ain't up to the job for that particular game - older video cards sometimes are incapable of rendering today's graphics-intensive games. But updating DirectX is worth a shot.
0 Replies

Inuyasha

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:05 am
ME TOO!?!?!?!
My sister's computer was doing that thought it was cause she had an old computer, but my computer started doing it too lately it used to work fine but the same games now say that message.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:14 pm
It sounds (from the error msg) that one of the library files is missing, or it is looking for it in the wrong place. Most likely, this isn't something you can fix. HOWEVER... try this... it may work... may not:

go to a command promp (run cmd.exe from the start->run menu)

go into the directory that houses both of these files (i think you said you have them)

type: regsvr32 D3D8.DL

press enter

type: regsvr32 DDRAW.DLL

press enter

that should register the libraries with the OS. it might allow the program to find them, but that depends on how the software was written...
0 Replies