Do people generally accept you or not?

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 05:55 am
@darkangel1720,
darkangel1720 wrote:

Why is my mental stability being questioned?

Why won't you let this situation go? Is it because there's something inside you that seeks out and wants more attention, more satisfaction, more accolades for scaring the people around you?

Have you been in a situation like this before? Were you incarcerated or placed on probation for crimes similar to what you have been describing?

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2018 07:36 pm
@darkangel1720,
Quote:
Why is my mental stability being questioned?
I have a rule that I apply to myself:

- if I have conflict with one person, it may just be a personality clash
- if I have conflict with two people, well, coincidences do happen, but maybe I'm contributing
- if I have conflict with 3 people, it's time to look at the common denominator (that would be me), and work out how I'm contributing to the conflict

If I'm having problems with 3 people, or keep having problems with people of a similar nature, then it's not rational to think that I'm not contributing to conflict,

I haven't seen anywhere in your posts where you say 'well I'm having all these people say I'm making them uncomfortable - maybe I'm doing A or B or C'. From your posts, it seems you believe the problem always lies elsewhere other than you.

The inability to self reflect, the ignoring of others discomfort, the increase in pestering someone who tells you to go away, the lies to your counsellor (even if by omission), and the belief that is somehow everyone else who has problem behaviours...when so many are telling you how your behaviour makes them feel...is worryingly irrational.

There is not a vexatious mythical being who has it in for you, hovering around you just so it can turn everyone around you against you, and telling them all to give the same reason (that you make them uncomfortable). That is irrational. And if there's not such a being doing such a thing, then there's only one place left to look and work on to fix.

darkangel1720

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:33 am
@vikorr,
Yes it was me. I can't even look up to people without making them mad. I can't like them, admire them, and want to be like them without turning them against me. I prolly went about it a little differently than another person who looked up to her, but everyone goes about everything a little differently.

But one of the unwritten rules of relationships is people usually react positively to someone who looks up to them. My supervisor even admitted it's a good thing to look up to people and then turned around and be mean to me for looking up to her. And it was also like this with 2 other people before her.
Lash

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:44 am
@darkangel1720,
Your definition of ‘looking up to someone’ is vastly different than everyone else’s.

Get the right definition, and you should be fine.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 01:42 pm
@darkangel1720,
It seems you read words without really understanding.

Quote:
I can't like them, admire them, and want to be like them without turning them against me.
Self reflect. Why was it you?

Quote:
I prolly went about it a little differently than another person who looked up to her, but everyone goes about everything a little differently.
Self reflect. Why did the differences make her uncomfortable?

Quote:
But one of the unwritten rules of relationships is people usually react positively to someone who looks up to them.
I think I've said twice now, and multiple other people have mentioned or implied - it's about how you do this. What about how you are doing this is making people uncomfortable?

You obviously don't learn well from other people suggesting the reasons...come up with some for yourself (this is by the way, what you counsellor should be doing)
0 Replies