Would God exsist without us?

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:35 am
Would God exsist without people.Is there a point in God exsisting if there are no people on the planet?

If we all dissapeared would he still be here?

Did Neanderthal man have/believe in a God?

Has man invented God?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,947 • Replies: 26
No top replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:54 am
As I have heard of the recent news about dark clouds which can partly explain dark matter among galaxies, I come to think that we might be hidden from an ideal world by dark matter. God might be bothered with those worlds hidden from us..

Scientists find missing matter.
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:57 am
It sounds like a classic case of the "the chicken or the egg".

But to answer your question: The way the god system works right now, we don't die. We keep on living in "heaven." So really we don't dissapear.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:36 am
Ok, but before we evolved, did God exsist?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:57 am
material girl wrote:
Ok, but before we evolved, did God exsist?
What it seems that your are trying to say material girl, is how did God get here? If there was absolutely nothing (which in a techincal sense nothing would be something), then where did God come from? Why would he create this world, the universe, etc.... and if he did then how, where did he get the resources to create it... how can you turn nothing into something??

Am I right??

I ponder those questions alot.... and I haven't come up with one single explantion.... just like some believe in the 'big bang' well where did that come from???

NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE (that is why I am crazy)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 08:36 am
Hmm,a bit.

What I mean is that I reckon we invented God.Thats how God 'got here'.

God did not just 'magic up' a planet.That was something like.. science(or one of those subjects I know nothing about)To me the big bang is more probable than God floating in space and thinking 'I know, Il create a planet today'.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 08:53 am
material girl wrote:

What I mean is that I reckon we invented God.Thats how God 'got here'.
'.

Yes but how did we get here in order to invent God? Do you mean we made him up or he came after us?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:02 am
Yep, we made him up and he came after we did.

Some 'big bang' type thing happened to create the planets.
We got here from being single celled emeoba thingies and we evolved over millions of years(from fish I recently discovered)to eventually become neanderthal man, the earliest form of human.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:17 am
but how did the single celled emeoba thingies get here, what created them? and how did the thing that created them get here? How did the fish get here? How did here get here?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:22 am
Philosophy will clip an angel's wings.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:37 am
Who/what created God?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:50 am
God has just always been. I dunno.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:55 am
With out reading the thread, my answer to the original question " would god exist with out us" is NO.
I believe human kind created the image/idea/concept of God.
Examples -
God is a MAN? who said? Who said he had human form?
If a human created the idea that there was a god of course they would also add onthat god was a human. At least in appearance.
God male? Female? again.. traits a human would add to a god like figure. For people to believe in a god , the god has to be like them.

Very simple answer, not too many details I apologize. but im sick. gimme a break. Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:56 am
Material Girl
Material Girl, you are correct in your assumption that humans invented God. God's mystique was needed to create access to power and wealth. God also was invented to blame, to praise, to fear and to love.

If you doubt this, just take a look around your world at the advertising industry, the entertainment industry and celebrity adoration. These and other industries, including all of the various religious organizations (industries) are the modern equivalent of the ancient myth makers. They have existed in one form or another throughout human history.

When we accept the ancient myths, we fail to examine them relative to what we see and know goes on today. We tend to think there was something different about the ancient icons. Somethings never change.

BBB
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 10:02 am
It is simple shewolfmn.Very happy to read and absorb your post.

Bumblebeeboogie(excellent name)I see what you mean by adoring certain people of nowadays but a far as complete fear or complete worship of someone like David Beckham or Julia Roberts is a bit hard to relate to compared to the work that people have put into the idea of God over the years.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 10:03 am
It is the same as asking "do you believe in God?". those that do, will most likely tell you he has always been and always will be, those that don't will tell you he's a social construct. i'm the latter kind.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 10:07 am
It sounds like a classic case of the "the chicken or the egg".

Sounds more like the "Does a Falling Tree make a noise if no one is there to hear it" to me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 10:08 am
Yep my boss just said the same.
Darn rational people, I was up for an argument.

He also said 'Rome wasnt built in a day.At least thats what the builders original estimate was'.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 10:25 am
material girl wrote:
Who/what created God?

some say people, some say there is no god, some people say he created himself, some say he was just there
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 03:10 am
The question I asked myself that decided my belief system was..."Let's say God did NOT exist...would we invent him anyway?" My answer was.... Yes we would, the weak minded need him for all kinds of reasons, varying from "freedom-from-the-fear-of-death" to "what-is-my-purpose" and even "Why-did-I-do-that?" And then I thought about what form we would need him to take....one that fits each individual culture obviously.....*insert light bulb here*
0 Replies