Unions Make the Middle Class. Without Unions, the Middle Class Withers.

revelette3

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 09:52 am
@Real Music,
Huh, amazing what a motivating factor can add to a cause which is otherwise, kind of ignored. I don't normally go all in for this DNC bashing, some of it is ridiculous. But does anyone think Tom Perez would normally go all in to help settle a uinion labor dispute at a university at any other time?

But good for them, the workers have gotten better compensation, health care cost and job security, lucky the debates were going to be held there.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 02:48 pm
Does anyone know what the union employees wanted and did the democtatics get then something close to what they wanted or did the party big wigs force a contract on them in order to have their so called debate. Its stupid to call this a debate when 10 people are all trying to get their points across. The party has a death wish and are helping the republicans more than the Russians with their stupid games.
Real Music

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 06:53 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
Huh, amazing what a motivating factor can add to a cause which is otherwise, kind of ignored. I don't normally go all in for this DNC bashing, some of it is ridiculous. But does anyone think Tom Perez would normally go all in to help settle a uinion labor dispute at a university at any other time?

1. Considering that there could be labor disputes at any time anywhere throughout the nation, Tom Perez would not be expected to (personally) get involve in each labor dispute.

2. Obviously, Tom Perez would have to get directly involve with this particular Labor dispute because that will be the location of the next debate.

3. Being that Tom Perez is the chairman of the DNC, anything that can affect the DNC debates is his responsibility to address.

4. That is why he had to (personally) get involve in this particular labor dispute.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 07:11 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Does anyone know what the union employees wanted and did the democtatics get then something close to what they wanted or did the party big wigs force a contract on them in order to have their so called debate.

1. The Democratic National Committee and its chairman, Tom Perez, stepped in to help with the negotiations.

2. The agreement reached, according to a statement by Unite Here, will give workers a 25% compensation increase, cut their health care costs by 50% and increase their job security.

Quote:
Its stupid to call this a debate when 10 people are all trying to get their points across.

1. I thought the current number of candidates who qualified for the next debate was 7.

2. Why would you call a debate with candidates trying to get there point across stupid?

3. Are you saying that debates should not have candidates trying to get there point across?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 11:51 pm
@Real Music,
My question wasn't answered. Did the members get what they wanted or were they forced to accept this contract so the debate? Could go on. I don't consider a 10 or 7 person discussion a debate.
Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2019 09:26 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
My question wasn't answered. Did the members get what they wanted or were they forced to accept this contract so the debate?
I don't know the answer to this question.

Quote:
I don't consider a 10 or 7 person discussion a debate.
1. Why not?

2. Do you have an issue with the number of candidates in the debate?

3. Or is it the format of the debate?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 02:19 pm
mark
0 Replies