I saw a screening of Son of the Mask...

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:29 pm
...and I have to say that it was actually pretty decent. Now I know what you're probably thinking- "Get the f out of hereĀ…". But you have to take the movie at face value. It's a kids movie, aimed at kids. The first problem people probably have is no Jim Carrey. The second problem people probably have is- "Why did they make it into a kids movie?". In the end though, I have to say that it surprised me in the respect that the plot was pretty solid and the script seemed well written. Jamie Kennedy wasn't as bad as he could have been and Alan Cummings was really good playing the part of Loki. Prior to seeing the movie, I wondered why Cummings would make a movie like Son of the Mask, but after seeing it I can tell that he must have had a lot of fun playing the part. It has pretty decent CGI and animation to keep your fidgety little ones entertained, and a few thinly veiled references that parents will get a good chuckle out of. All in all, if you are looking for a strong family movie to go see in the middle of February, give it a try. I figured I would throw the movie some positive support.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 381 • Replies: 0
No top replies