Which CD burner?

Don1

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 01:06 am
I have burn4free at the moment and unless I'm missing something (and I could well be) to add to what is already on my CD-RW disc I have to transfer data to harddrive, erase disc, put new data to be added in same folder as the stuff I just returned to harddrive and re-burn the whole lot back to CD-RW disc.

To say the least it's a nuisance, isn't there an easier way than this?

floppy disc is far more convenient than this for what I want but when I got this computer it came with CD but no floppy drive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 2
No top replies

nighthawk

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 01:54 pm
I have no experience with his particular program, however you might want to check if the program is closing the disk or session hen it burns. If so then you cannot add to the disk and must wipe it first (as you ar encountering)

Instead leave the disk open, then you should be able to add files without wiping.

Your topic title is a little misleading, are you looking for new software or just help fixing your problem?

If you want a recommendation I would say Nero is the way to go. Ive tried a few, winoncd, instantcd+dvd etc but have always preferred Nero.

Hope that helps!
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 03:07 am
Hi nighthawk,

I tried leaving the disc open but then I couldn't view it so I had to go back and close the disc in order to read it

What I really want is a disc that acts like a floppy where you can add to it anytime you like and read it any time you like.

Confused
0 Replies