Misdirected Revenge Movies

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 10:55 pm
I'm looking for movies where someone is looking to take revenge on someone even though "technically" they do not deserve it and the person having revenge sort upon them needs to defend themselves. Example, a gang member breaks into a home. While raping the wife, the husband kills the gang member.
Now the gang is out to kill the husband for killing their member who was raping the husbands wife. Hope that makes sense.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 546 • Replies: 10
No top replies

najmelliw

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 09:51 am
@johnnyaz,
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the movie 'Memento' may qualify for this criterium.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 10:57 am
@johnnyaz,
Try Clockwork Orange - there is all sorts of revenges in that -

The main character is part of a young gang - he does end up getting arrested and he agrees to behavior modification to get out of prison - as a result he ends up be defenseless --- so in many situations where he has harmed people - these victims end up going after him and he becomes the victim as he is no longer capable of any violence.

Not exactly what you are describing but pretty close - it is a very violent and in my opinion disturbing movie - but also very interesting.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 03:38 pm
Watch any Stephen Segal movie.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 03:47 pm
Pretty much all revenge movies, since it doesn't bring the dead person back.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 02:09 am
@chai2,
What about Dracula?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 05:56 pm
@Linkat,
Except at the end, he get's back the old ultra-violence

No one has misdirected notions of vengeance on that character. He is human scum. That Burgess and Kubrick were able to make him a sympathetic character is a testimony to their talent and our strange perceptions.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 05:57 pm
@johnnyaz,
Look at the series of movies starring Charles Bronson as a vigilante: "Death Wish" et al.
najmelliw

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 06:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Look at the series of movies starring Charles Bronson as a vigilante: "Death Wish" et al.

I considered mentioning these, but in the end, I thought they were more about Bronson getting rid of the scum around him for all sorts of reasons, and them defending themselves, rather than the other way around.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 06:14 pm
@najmelliw,
I think in at least one of them the scum tries to get him.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2018 02:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

They're about to be rebooted with Bruce Willis playing the vigilante.

I like movies with no plot and mindless violence and you just switch off your brain, so I'll probably go see it.
0 Replies