i want abs

ryano90

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 06:22 pm
i am 14 years old i am not fat i am more tword the skinny side but i just cant get the whole abs thing what should i do... do i eat diffrent or do i do exersizes HELP!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 921 • Replies: 7
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 07:22 pm
Eating isn't going to make a difference if you're already skinny. You just need to do crunches or sit-ups. Abs come very quickly if you run also.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:02 pm
There's a great book by the editor-in-chief of 'Men's Health' called 'The Abs Diet'. It's based on a high protein diet and mix of cardio and strength training with an abs routine twice/week. It's not a lot of working out - just 20 mins/day and it will build a six-pack. Don't get fooled by the word diet in the title, diet is just about what you eat not necessarily about losing pounds.
0 Replies

ryano90

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:02 am
hey thanx alot
0 Replies

epinEphrin

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:32 pm
or...
Or you could just do what I did when i was your age.

1. 30 pushups a day
2. 50 crunches a day
3. 5 pullups a day
4. Jog for 5-15 minutes

Consider eating pasta or alot of bread (wheat products) after working out (during the day). You turn buff. Makes you gain weight faster.

Worked for me. I went from 75 crunches (per day), all the way to 272 crunches, in just 2-3 months.

Just keep your motivation!

Good luck!
0 Replies

epinEphrin

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:35 pm
By the way, my biggest motivation was anger. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:43 pm
I have great abs. They're just hidden under the flabs.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:51 pm
Re: or...
epinEphrin wrote:
Or you could just do what I did when i was your age.

1. 30 pushups a day
2. 50 crunches a day
3. 5 pullups a day
4. Jog for 5-15 minutes

Consider eating pasta or alot of bread (wheat products) after working out (during the day). You turn buff. Makes you gain weight faster.

Worked for me. I went from 75 crunches (per day), all the way to 272 crunches, in just 2-3 months.

Just keep your motivation!

Uhhh, becoming "buff" and "gaining weight" are kind of opposing goals...and carbing up after a workout would only be sound advice if leaning up was not the main goal...which it is.
Follow up a workout with moderate amounts of carbs and a high amount of Protein would be better, IMO.

If you want to gain mass, increase your quality carb intake and protein intake, and you'll mass up....but you want to bring your overall caloric intake down if you're looking to see muscle striations or definition.
0 Replies