HABIB - released from US detention, but still "suspect".

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 08:41 pm
@Vincent2010 ,
Hello, Vincent & welcome to A2K.
I see this is your first post here.

Yes, I agree with you that many Australians don't care too much about Mahmoud Habib, but it is his rights as an Australian citizen (or total neglect of his rights) that have been of most concern to me. Obviously, I think.
Whatever his flaws, he did not deserve rendition, torture & Guantanamo.

I know very little, next to nothing in fact, about the role of the the Australian High Commissioner's role in Habib's extradition & torture in Egypt. I haven't read anything (till now) about it.
Interesting.
What's the source of your information?

Vincent2010

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 06:37 pm
@msolga,
worked with and knew Brown for years overseas prior to his posting to Pakistan: racist, bad tempered panic merchant. had cerebral malaria to the point of death while on posting - not reported to prevent being recalled. a fatal shooting occurred at the mission gate - not reported to prevent mission being closed. brusque treatment of Australian citizens requiring assistance. ensured his performance rating stayed high as possible at all costs.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:06 pm
@Vincent2010 ,
Oh I see.
Interesting.
You're employed in the public service then?
Vincent2010

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 04:49 am
@msolga,
Not now. Howard C Brown was a tool at post. Suck hole to Brit expatriate Len Lewis for personal black market money exchange, Lagos Nigeria '94 - '95.
0 Replies