Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 09:55 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
The scale of the burning going on in Australia is ******* scary.

It does seem to be a pretty big fire.

Over a billion animals:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/australia-fires-over-1-billion-animals-feared-dead/
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/more-1-billion-animals-killed-australian-wildfires-n1112326

And 30% of the Koalas:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/27/australias-environment-minister-says-up-to-30-of-koalas-killed-in-nsw-mid-north-coast-fires
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/27/australia/koala-bushfire-australia-intl-scli/index.html

It's a shame that global warming hysterics are co-opting the issue for use in their nefarious propaganda.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 09:58 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
It's a shame that global warming hysterics are trying to co-opt the issue for use in their nefarious propaganda.
Actually its a shame that a GW denier is in charge of the country. Maybe these fires will bring people to some sense.

blatham

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 10:24 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Maybe these fires will bring people to some sense.
Some, sure. But not the guy you're talking to. He, and those like him, do not have the psychological resiliency to drop or question an idea so fixed within their worldview. The consequences of adopting a new viewpoint would be too profound.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 10:52 am
@blatham,
That's a pretty pathetic excuse for the fact that you are unable to provide a convincing argument for your demented ideology.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:23 pm
@blatham,
The ability to work among conflicting and often completely opposing hypotheses is a sign of higher intelligences, many will listen to Fox AND CNN.
The NCSE publishes really good analyses that started with Creationism in Public schools qnd now has added "Climate Denial" to its TOC.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
This is science?

No legitimate scientist would ever claim that 2019 was the "second-hottest year ever"

It appears to be the "second-hottest year ever" --- over the last 150 years or so since global climate data began to be collected. It's telling that none of these alarmist articles ever point out what a ridiculously tiny slice of time this is in geological terms.

This is the sort of thing that fuels skepticism as it is obviously an attempt to skew opinion through near deception.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:37 pm
@farmerman,
I guess that's why Blatham only parrots a narrow ideology when he plays his "I think what that guy thinks" game.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 12:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This is science?

No legitimate scientist would ever claim that 2019 was the "second-hottest year ever"
Perhaps you missed that I quoted a Reuters (an international news organisation) report?

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
This is the sort of thing that fuels skepticism as it is obviously an attempt to skew opinion through near deception.

I suppose that you are correct.
Many climate change deniers just read some headlines, believing such was the science.
But even reading the complete reuters-report had given an answer ...

... or you look at the WMO's press release: WMO confirms 2019 as second hottest year on record
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 01:29 pm
@oralloy,
As opposed to your parroting of an extraordinarily narrow ideology.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 01:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
I don't parrot anything. I come up with everything myself.

That's why you can't find any errors in my statements. Were I parroting others, there would be errors that you could potentially find.
hightor

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 02:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No legitimate critic would ever assume that a statement such as the "second-hottest year ever" referred to a time before global temperatures were even recorded!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 03:19 pm
@oralloy,
youve not come up with anything that is orginal "Ollie" stuff, youre only "evidence" hs been postings from Dot Com sites, and cartoons.
You consider yourself a trained and experienced climate scientist??
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 05:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
youve not come up with anything that is original "Ollie" stuff,

That is incorrect. All my thoughts are original. I don't play the "I think what that guy over there thinks" game like that other fellow.

farmerman wrote:
your only "evidence" has been postings from Dot Com sites,

That is the nature of cites on the internet.

farmerman wrote:
You consider yourself a trained and experienced climate scientist??

No.
livinglava

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:38 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It's a shame that global warming hysterics are co-opting the issue for use in their nefarious propaganda.

I've read that at least some of it is due to arson. Do you think there's some reason for setting such fires besides clearing land so that it will regrow as pasture to be used economically for raising livestock? That is the same reason people burn the rainforests.

Climate reformers raise the issue of reducing meat consumption to improve sustainability and the global backlash is to double-down on meat.

Is it propaganda to recognize what's going on?
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:41 pm
@livinglava,
I eat meat because it tastes good. I'm not going to stop eating meat.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:50 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That is the nature of cites on the internet
Not all dot coms are bogu but most ALL bogus SITES are dot com.
youve presented your disdain for edu, gov, org, mil, etc etc (not to mention the sites from other countries and arent loaded with BS like our own dot coms.

Quote:
All my thoughts are original. I don't play the "I think what that guy over there thinks" game like that other fellow.

You must be suffering from short term memory loss then. In the previous page youve posted a cartoon from Legal Insurrection DOT COM. do you take credit for the cartoon?? Or is your concept of originality being the first on to post someone elses thoughts. ? In really original work we call that plagiarism.
livinglava

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 07:53 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I eat meat because it tastes good. I'm not going to stop eating meat.

Why is your personal opinion about meat relevant to what I said?

What I said is that the reason people burn forests is to clear land so that it regrows as pasture to raise livestock for the meat industry.

It's a simple equation that directly flouts the climate-sustainability-reform goal of reforesting land and reducing meat consumption for the sake of reducing emissions from livestock.

Whether you are for or against it, admit the truth of what's going on when forests are intentionally set ablaze.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 08:47 pm
@oralloy,
I thought oralloy was coming up with the demented thoughts on his own. Then I saw the current PBS four hour documentary on the great political divide and saw how much of oralloy's thought is just parroting deluded conservative memes from the net.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
Since there has been no evidence you've done any original research or even read the original papers,it's pretty clear you've gullibly accepted someone else's erroneous claim that the data was cherry-picked. Which it wasn't.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2020 11:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. There is sound evidence that climate change journals are suppressing data that is inconvenient to the leftist narrative.