Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:26 am
sorry, ionus, i'm not going to play your game, and I'm not going to triage the world. Whales and rainforests both require action now. Do them both.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:28 am
ionus says:
Quote:
You are aware there is another Ice Age coming, it is just a question of when

Yes, and the projections are that it will be here between 20,000 and 50,000 years from now. I really don't think we have to budget for it yet. Though I tell you what, why don't you put a dollar aside and dedicate it to "Ionus's Next Ice Age World Relief Fund". At compound interest, that should probably just about cover costs and you'll be a world hero.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:33 am
We HAVE determined that the CO2 and other anthropogenic causes are causing the warming, ionus.
Ionus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 07:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Whales and rainforests both require action now. Do them both.
Anything else ? Oh, you do know I cant be in two places at the same time, right ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 07:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Yes, and the projections are that it will be here between 20,000 and 50,000 years from now.
Soooo....if it finished about 10,000 years ago, we have the hottest part to go yet ? Wont the increase in temp release more CO2 than we ever could ? All your saving the planet will be for nothing...20,000 years may be older than your grandmama but it is a blink in the life of this planets climate . Nothing will have changed by then....continents, mountains...all the biggies of climate change will be the same .

Quote:
you'll be a world hero.
Again ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 07:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
WE, as you put it, have guessed .GW is NOT provable...that it may occur is science...that it will is a guess....that was very unscientific of you not to distinguish the facts from opinion .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:44 pm
Ionus, you're right that we have the hottest part still to go, but that's because we keep increasing the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere and it's heating things above what has been the naturally occurring temp. And considering that we've increased the concentration by a similar amount as the natural change between ice age levels and 19th century levels already, and we keep pumping more out every year, we're probably producing more than will be released by rises in temp we're causing(the Co2 we put into the atmosphere is a forcing, the CO2 released from rising temps is a feedback, it is the result of a forcing, in other words it makes the effect of the forcing stronger).
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:48 pm
And it is hardly a "guess". The laws of physics and a whole lot of hard science say it is happening already. Unless of course you consider the rather startling increase in the rate of melting of the Greenland ice cap and the ever-increasing amount of corrobaratory evdience all "guesses". Though you might, the scientific community does not.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:02 pm
The sad news is that there are still so many saps willing to believe this bullshit (global warming).

The happy news is that Vladimir Putin, who figures to be the main hero in this whole sordid story, finally figured out that he didn't need to **** Russia's economy over a bunch of BULLSHIT, gathered Russia's top computer hackers in a room, and told them to blast their way into that East Anglia email database and spread to the four winds whatever they found there.

How many times does that make that Russia has saved us?? I mean, imagine a world in which Sweden was a major power..... Tsar Peter saved us from that.

http://estb.msn.com/i/DB/C7DD4656A35227ACA3308ED355A917.jpg

Ionus

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 12:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
you're right that we have the hottest part still to go, but that's because we keep increasing the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere and it's heating things above what has been the naturally occurring temp.
So the temp increases for the first 10,000 years after a Glacial Retreat, plateaus for 20,000 to 40,000 years, then takes another 10,000 years to fall again into another Glacial Advance...all because your politics demand it to .

What should be the temp right now ? I would like to know seeing you imply we will have the same temp without GW for the next 30,000 years . Why doesnt it get any hotter than this in between Glacial Advances ?

You do know it has been hotter in between Ice Ages, and we are probably only between Glacial Advances....right ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 12:05 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
And it is hardly a "guess".
A friend who has a ScD in physics and did a lot of the work we now take for granted in understanding weather tells me "it is a guess"....guess who I will believe ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 12:08 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Unless of course you consider the rather startling increase in the rate of melting of the Greenland ice cap and the ever-increasing amount of corrobaratory evdience all "guesses".
Startling ? Is that a scientific word ? How much ice should have melted ? How much will melt next year ? You do know that the earth rarely has polar ice and mountain glaciers, dont you ? They are a sign we are still in an Ice Age just in between glacial advances . How is the rate at which ice melts a proof of the cause ? Are other causes impossible ?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:04 am
ClimateGate:

http://www.climategate.com/

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:10 am
William Connolly, the Man with the Poor Man's Time Machine (WikiBullies at Work)

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/19/wikibullies-at-work-the-national-post-exposes-broad-trust-issues-over-wikipedia-climate-information/

A time machine is basically something which allows its owner to change history. Ensconcing oneself as a Wikipedia sys admin and removing all mention of the medieval climate optimum from upwards of 5000 wiki articles is basically a poor-man's version of a time machine.

Thank you, Vladimir Putin, for exposing these envirocriminals!!

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:11 am
Claims of Greenland Ice sheet melting are bullshit:

https://events.icecube.wisc.edu/indico/contributionDisplay.py?contribId=19&sessionId=7&confId=34
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:34 am
Amalekite Air Force P-38 Flies Again

Glacier Girl

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCS-q190zj_ZJb0nc53y_o8z47zOFHj9WWKCsdTCb6yP6ovj5G&t=1

"Glacier Girl is a P38 fighter plane similar to the ones which the USAF used during WW-II which went down over Greenland around 1941 and has recently been recovered and restored to flight-worthy condition.

Nonetheless according to the same theories and logic which produce the Greenland "Global Warming" readings and given the depth at which Glacier Girl was found, she would have gone down around the time of the Israelite Exodus from Egypt. The only military power on Earth at that time with the economic and financial wherewithal to produce anything like a P38 would have been the Amalekite/Hyksos empire which dominated Egypt after the middle kingdom, thus the conclusion (at least as valid as "Global Warming") that Glacier Girl had been an element of the Amalekite Air Force.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:37 am
http://www.lolcatz.info/images/vladimir_putin_antichrist.jpg

Vladimir Putin: The man who crushed ClimateGate

(other than in the minds of demoKKKrats and the feebleminded at least)
spendius

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:51 am
@gungasnake,
I'm sure glad our two guys in the Coalition look like Mummie's boys. And hen-pecked as well. I hope they don't start bounding up the steps to a stage like they are trying to prove they are not getting senile.

We are very "greenie" here in the UK. It's considered the proper thing to be. One of our minor celebrities in the "Pop-science" genre toured the country in his six-cylinder Ferrari, stopping in five-star hotels with a succession of awe-struck females who empathised enough with his care and compassion for future generations to approach him after his lecture, castigating us all for our bad habits.

Not all of them of course. The carbon heavy ones. Travelling by car rather than public transport.

Very few really bad habits are contributors to carbon dispersal. Stopping in bed until lunchtime for example. There's only a bit of methane sourced in that. And it's unavoidable anyway. For two reasons. Both scientific. The obvious one I won't go into in detail because of how ridiculous unconscious farting is and we need to maintain our dignity. And where the hops are grown would be jungle if there was no demand for hops, heaven forbid, and each square kilometre would naturally produce more carbon stuff that a hop orchard does. So drinking beer can save the earth as well.

That's no work, pots of ale and soft beds covered. It only needs voluptuous women to complete Cervantes' advice to the world in the mouth of Sancho.

But Mr Gore would be inconvenienced with strategies like that to reduce global emissions I fear. So you had better not suggest it to him if you get to meet him.

I can understand the part of the Green Brigade which gets a living out of it but the members of the congregation are generally hilarious and never more so than when you goad them into putting you on Ignore.

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 09:47 am
@spendius,
I can remember the day I started hating environmentalists and it didn't even involve American environmentalists. I was watching some PBS thing about the Mara river in Kenya and some black African yuppie ecologist was guiding two PBS wonks on a tour of the river. They were watching a bunch of zebra trying to get up the nerve to try to cross a narrow section with what looked like a billion crocodiles, and the ecologist was describing the wonderful government program which had brought the crocodiles back from the brink of extinction over the past 30 years. They were almost to the point of taking down bets as to how many of the zebra weren't going to make it when one of the Americans noticed a village two or three hundred meters downstream, and women washing clothes in the river while keeping a wary eye on the water and what might be underneath it.

One of the Americans asked the obvious question and the answer came back, roughly, as:

Quote:
"Yeah, well, we lose a dozen or so of those silly Negroes a year that way but, hey, that's a small price to pay for restoring the balance of nature the way we have!!!"

I mean, you know perfectly well that clown would not tolerate crocodiles within 100 miles of HIS family. I mean, what could possibly be more fun than providing those villagers with a crate of AK47s and sufficient ammo and letting that idiot yuppie watch them kill every ******* one of those crocodiles?

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 09:56 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I'm sure glad our two guys in the Coalition look like Mummie's boys. And hen-pecked as well. I hope they don't start bounding up the steps to a stage like they are trying to prove they are not getting senile.

Is there any possibility of any of those lunatics at East Anglia ever having to pay any sort of a price for any of this bullshit? I mean, you know perfectly well what would have happened to those fools under any English government prior to, say, 1930 or thereabouts....