The Prison Thread. Where A2Kers go to discuss jail time.

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:21 pm
It was on a sidestreet in Cuidad Acuna that the policidades came toward us, me and young Jorge, mi cabarjero de musica.
"Bengamos, "the big one said and he took out the largest set of handcuffs I had ever seen. It might have had something to do with the fact that I had just swallowed about ten ounces of primo sensimillia followed by two and half cold Coronas. Everything was coming in and out of focus, it seemed like there were ten guys manhandling us and then in kind of a blue haze we were alone and free and running for our lives.
==
The light burned my eyes. I couldn't tell at first if it was from a light bulb or the sun. It turned out it was the sun. I was in the back of a pick-up, a dirty banged up manure-pocked pickup, and it was bouncing down a dirt road that was disappearing in the clouds of dust behind us. Suddenly, the truck dove to the left and I hit the side hard and then we came to a full screeching dust billlowing halt.
"Get him out." Someone yelled and hands and arms appeared from nowhere. I was lifted, carried, manhandled, the sky spinning above my head. I kicked one of the guys hard and he yelped and let go of my leg.
"Cut it out, Joe, these guys are on our side."
I thought I recognized Jorge voice but I wasn't in any condition to be sure.
==
We walked across. I walked across on my own, I'll tell you that. The water was brown and slow and barely up to my armpits. I even ducked my head under on purpose just to feel the coolness of it there under the sun. We clambered up the bank and walked towards what looked like a gate in some fencing.
"We wait here." Jorge said. "They will come for us."
====
Hours went by. I watched some hawks. I looked back down the little slope towards the sleepy river. A vehicle rolled up.
"This one's for me." Jorge said. There were two men dressed in suits riding in the Ford van. They didn't smile.
"Someone will be by for you soon." Jorge smiled that little crooked smile of his." I'm sorry about what happened to you in that cell. I would have stopped them if I could'a."
Then they were gone.
I watched the hawks tail off towards the border. I waited.

No one ever came.

I never saw Jorge again, but I wonder if he ever got his wish to own a baseball team.

Joe (Just past the Sonora Caverns sign there's a turn off.) Nation
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:24 pm
Ah, me. A true story then, edgar. It was very late after a New Year's Eve gig, and I was waiting outside, tired, bedraggled, waiting for the boys in the band to pack up. I had on my dance costume (as my father-in-law called it) and a patrol car slowly pulled up to the curb with that sorta dead wail that the siren makes. I looked around waiting to see who was in violation, and the patrolman spoke to me, saying that solicitation was illegal. It took a few minutes for what he had said to sink in, and it was all I could do to keep from running as fast as I could. I had never and I mean NEVER had a confrontation with any policeman in that manner, and I could just see before me the headlines in the morning paper. No, I was not arrested but I swear, I thought a million thoughts that night in the space of ten minutes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:27 pm
Whew. Did you ever wear the same outfit after that?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:35 pm
Boy, lemme tell ya, Gus, if'n I was ever to tell my own jailhouse stories, it sure wouldn't be on an open forum like this. Hell, there's still a couple'a warrants out for me, one in Texas, one in Utah. Why, anybody could read this thread, even the FBI. You dudes don't know what hard time is like until you've been to Alcatraz. Just lookin' out at the lights of San Francisco at night is enough to drive you nuts. NUTS, I tell you!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
Laughing now. All of my "dance costumes" were tax deductible. Of course I wore that particular one again, edgar. I just didn't stand on any more street corners.

Andy, you are funny. Thanks for making me laugh.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:04 pm
I'm finding out a lot about the A2K members on this thread. Who would have thought all these nice people were actually monsters?

I'm stunned that dear sweet Letty is a prostitute. And that Merry Andrew spent time in Alcatraz because of crimes too dark to mention. (necrophilia?)

Who would've thought shewolf was a hardened drug addict. I'm sure there's a needle dangling from her arm as we speak.

Joe Nation's antics didn't surprise me. I knew he was a criminal.

Bipolarbear walking naked into a fast food joint doesn't surprise me either. I thought that was his daily routine.

Edgar, as we have discovered, is just a screen name for an imprisoned Ted Bundy.

Calamity Jane has confirmed my suspicions that she is the most devious character on this site.

And superjuly.... what's to say? The Queen of Crime.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:06 pm
A person I know and love was captured after deserting and hiding out during the Vietnam War. They put him in Leavenworth for three months. He often had to walk by an open door through which an electric chair was visible. He got the eeriest feeling of his life looking at that.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:09 pm
I was arrested when I was 14. It was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or as George Carlin would say, the wrong place at the right time.
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:32 pm
I did a year in FCI Safford for possesion of an unregistered explosive device. I was 19 at the time.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:38 pm
Hunting deer at night, Tyler County TX, 1973. Overnight in the beautiful downtown Woodville facility (also known as the county lockup).

First, last, and only time I was a guest of the state.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:39 pm
Cinnesthesia, what were you wearing at the time?

Please go into explicit detail.

Instigate, you have unwittingly placed Donald Rumsfield on your tail. Sorry about that.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:43 pm
Gus, if I were a prostitute, I would die of starvation.

Goodnight you funny confessionists.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:44 pm
G'night, Letty. Stay away from the corners.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:44 pm
I hear, via the grapevine, that Slappy was once arrested for attempting to impersonate a human being. But that could be just rumor.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:45 pm
There was this thing I did in Hackensack,
but supressed that awful jailhouse experience in my memory. I'm trying hard to remember.......
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 11:56 am
Superjuly, I can help you out with your fantasy. I have a very good looking male friend who is a cop, and he's single.

This is too funny, can't believe how many of you fockers are jailbirds....

Uh, so I spend roughly 4 hours in a jail cell, and actually slept. 18 years old, the first time I ever went to a bar, after much pushing from my friends, got my fake ID made up. Cop arrested me. Good times.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
hey, kicky, why haven't you told me about your cute single cop friend?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:06 pm
littlek wrote:
hey, kicky, why haven't you told me about your cute single cop friend?

Who are you talking to, littlek?

Over here...hey....yea, me...no, this way.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
This is entertaining, all right. All I ever got was a citation for public drinking, and I wasn't even intoxicated, for #$!%! sake...

But I haven't seen any contributions from our pro-private arsenal friends. What's the use of having all that weaponry if you don't break a few laws?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:11:34