THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 07:13 pm
carn 'a saints
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 07:15 pm
@dadpad,
Yep! Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 07:18 pm
As an embarressed carlton supporter I must say that I deplore Brenan Fevola's actions. He should hang his head in shame.
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 07:19 pm
@dadpad,
Plus that other fellow, who beat up the taxi driver! Shocked
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 01:31 am
Great game. fantastic
msolga

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 01:38 am
@dadpad,
Yes indeed! They were pretty equally matched. I watched most of it (on Channel 10, with ABC radio commentary. A bit of a time lag, but still, better than the alternative ...)

It still would've been really good if, you know ....

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 01:45 am
@msolga,
I purposely didn't do that because I don't want to loose a dear friend. Wink
Now the game is over my shoulder is here for you to lean on. Smile
msolga

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 01:53 am
@Dutchy,
It's OK, Dutchy. It's just that one always hopes the underdog wins (when one's own team is out of the race!). Too bad the underdog squandered all those goal kicking opportunities, hey?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 03:37 pm
But, MsO - I thought you were a Collingwood supporter - or just an underdog supporter?
Wilso

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 04:40 pm
Now time for the real Grand Final, where my beloved Eels have gone from second last mid-season, to the premiership decider. The ultimate underdogs. It's going to be legendary.
msolga

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:06 pm
@margo,
Quote:
But, MsO - I thought you were a Collingwood supporter - or just an underdog supporter?

I know you're being cheeky, margo, but ...

I was a Collingwood supporter for years. A big-time, one-eyed one in my youth (Oh the times I cried & cried over the colliwobbles! Wink ) , but became rather disenchanted with the whole barracking deal sometime ago, in response to the AFL's corporate approach at the expense of all else. Then it all became about the decisions by the "men in suits" & making as much profit out of the game as could be made. A big turn-off. So to cut a long story short ... I sometimes regress during finals seasons ("carn the maggies!"). But once the magpies are out of the race (which inevitably happens, as everyone knows! Neutral ), I then support my under-dog of choice. I can become quite excited if Footscray, my very favourite under-dog team, has a real chance (Go doggies!), but the rest, I take it final game by game .... In yesterday's case case, just about everyone in Victoria (who isn't a Geelong supporter) hoped St Kilda would make it this time. But not to be! But it was a terrific, close game, never-the-less.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:13 pm
@Wilso,
Quote:
Now time for the real Grand Final, where my beloved Eels have gone from second last mid-season, to the premiership decider. The ultimate underdogs. It's going to be legendary.

If you say so (about your final being the real one!), Wilso! Wink

But OK, I hope the Eeels make it & that you're happy tonight. If they're the "ultimate underdogs", as you say, then I'm on their side! Carn the Eeels!!! Wink Laughing Smile
Dutchy

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:20 pm
@msolga,
Pardon my ignorance what final is wilso talking about?
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:25 pm
@Dutchy,
The final matches in the trans Australian BUZKASHI championship, very exciting. Im glued to the set as the EELS take on The BOX JELLIES.
msolga

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 06:32 pm
@farmerman,
Don't confuse me any further, farmer! For all I know, this could be for real! Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 09:13 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Pardon my ignorance what final is wilso talking about?

The Greatest Game of All - Rugby League
Dutchy

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 09:24 pm
@Wilso,
Sorry mate, don't play that game here, Australian Rules Football only, how can you beat that? 100.000 at the MCG yesterday, you don't get anywhere near those numbers.
dadpad

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 12:25 am
This years rugby league final has Melbourne Storm written all over it Wilso. They should dye the cup purple now.

Listening to the GVFL GF on the radio,

Kyabram Vs Mansfield. The Mansfield eagles have hit the front for the first time in the game.
CARN EAGLES
msolga

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 12:29 am
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I just back from lunch with a friend in Brunswick. Nice lunch, but it was freezing out there on the streets! Had to get my winter coat (the one with the hood) out again before heading off. Crikey, I think it might be snowing somewhere not too far away! Is it like this in the other Oz eastern states & SA? The good news is we've received record rains for this month so far, though not nearly enough of it today. And I reckon if it's going to be this cold & windy, then at the very least it should be raining cats & dogs as well!
msolga

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 12:40 am
@dadpad,
Quote:
Listening to the GVFL GF on the radio,

Kyabram Vs Mansfield. The Mansfield eagles have hit the front for the first time in the game.
CARN EAGLES

So, dadpad ... the final score?
0 Replies