THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2009 05:05 am
@dlowan,
A place called the Netherlands, but they call it Holland and its citizens Dutch. Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 02:35 am
@dlowan,
You wanna hear more about my dad, Deb? Certainly. But not tonight, I'm afraid. Rather a lot on my plate! later.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 02:36 am
@dlowan,

Quote:
I was actually about to write "What country is that?"

Laughing

Funny bunny!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 05:35 pm
Shocked

Crikey! What next? :

Volcanic eruption in Australia '3000 years overdue'
September 21, 2009 - 6:25AM/the AGE

As if bushfires, drought and floods aren't enough, Australians have now been warned about a volcanic eruption.

Quote:
A scientist says an eruption is "well overdue" and there are hundreds of volcanoes that could cause trouble, from South Australia and Victoria through to Queensland.

Melbourne geologist Bernie Joyce wants "eruption response plans" drawn up.

He says there are 400 volcanoes in Victoria and South Australia, and almost as many in Queensland. ... <cont>

http://www.theage.com.au/national/volcanic-eruption-in-australia-3000-years-overdue-20090921-fwyd.html

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:35 pm
@msolga,
Bugger.
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:38 pm
@dlowan,
Is that all you can say about this serious threat, Bunny? Me, I'm contemplating Tassie! Wink
msolga

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2009 08:39 pm
@msolga,
Good to see you here again, Deb! I hope your week away (on work) was "fruitful". Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:04 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Is that all you can say about this serious threat, Bunny? Me, I'm contemplating Tassie! Wink

Antarctica?

A tropical paradise.
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:08 am
@dlowan,
BUT IT MIGHT HAVE AS YET UNDISCOVERED VOLCANOES!!!! Neutral
roger

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:23 am
@msolga,
Undiscovered volcanos tend to be really small. Even then, they tend to make themselves known.
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:25 am
@roger,
I know, I know, Roger. <sigh>
roger

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:32 am
@msolga,
I know, I know. "I worry, therefore, I am."
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:55 am
@roger,
Exactly!
roger

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:57 am
@msolga,
Me too. When I find something I'm good at, I stick with it.
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:59 am
@roger,
Very wise, roger!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 04:14 pm
@msolga,
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7634/imge.jpg
This is Mt.Schank, an extinct volcano, in the south east of South Australia. I climbed this one plus Mt.Eccles in Victoria not so long ago. Eerie feeling sitting on the crater ring knowing they were once active, a mere 5000 years ago, and thinking will they ever come to life again.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 04:20 pm
@Dutchy,
If anyone is planning to buy some property and is concerned about the possibility of heretofore unrecognized volcanoes on their land, send me a map and the coordinates and Ill give you an analysis for free. This offer not to be combined with any other offer by Farmco enterprises LLC.
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:42 pm
@Dutchy,
Quote:
This is Mt.Schank, an extinct volcano, in the south east of South Australia. I climbed this one plus Mt.Eccles in Victoria not so long ago. Eerie feeling sitting on the crater ring knowing they were once active, a mere 5000 years ago, and thinking will they ever come to life again.

So now you know it just might become active again, Dutchy! How does this idea make you feel? Wink
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If anyone is planning to buy some property and is concerned about the possibility of heretofore unrecognized volcanoes on their land, send me a map and the coordinates and Ill give you an analysis for free. This offer not to be combined with any other offer by Farmco enterprises LLC.

Duly noted, farmer.
The next time (ha!) I consider investing in property, I will keep your generous offer in mind! Wink
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2009 06:00 am
@msolga,
I had that feeling once during a visit to New Zealand, particularly so, whilst walking around Rotorua. Wherever you walked steam, mud and hot water coming out of the ground accompanied by the odd earth tremor. Smile