THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

hingehead

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 07:53 am
@Lordyaswas,
Can't speak for other Australians lord but I have tried marmite. I thought it was a little pissweak and lacked the wholesome burn of vegemite, anyone else compared both? Remember pro-mite? Any other products competing in the lucrative 'barely edible beer barrell yeast extract' market?
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 08:03 am
@hingehead,
I suppose it's what you're used to, as I once bought a jar of vegemite out of curiosity and it's still in the cupboard. Everyone thought it lacked flavour.

Shall I send it to you?

Your shiraz is the best in the world though.

I was also going to be complimentary about your cricketers, but I'm now feeling a bit shaky so will go have a lie down.
hingehead

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 08:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
That is interesting lord, I'd never considered vegemite as having flavour, it's more about the mildly anaphylactic physical reaction to consuming it.
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 09:19 am
@hingehead,
I understood, hinge, that anaphylaxis is never mild.

It's a bit like saying slightly over the top.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 12:28 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Can't speak for other Australians lord but I have tried marmite. I thought it was a little pissweak and lacked the wholesome burn of vegemite, anyone else compared both? Remember pro-mite? Any other products competing in the lucrative 'barely edible beer barrell yeast extract' market?

I hated Marmite. Can occasionally tolerate vegemite but only on Vitaweat biscuits with lots of butter. Since I eschew both flour and butter I have not had it for years.

I liked Promite best.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 01:37 am
@hingehead,
I've tried both, I thought vegemite was the weaker of the two. New Zealand marmite isn't the same as UK marmite.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 05:07 am
I can (and do) eat vegemite straight out of the jar.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 05:09 am
@Wilso,
That's nothing to boast about. I knew someone who could neck a bottle of ketchup.

All his dreams went unfulfilled.
Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 05:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's nothing to boast about. I knew someone who could neck a bottle of ketchup.

All his dreams went unfulfilled.

I've got a gorgeous wife, the 2 most beautiful children in the world, and a job that I actually enjoy. Short of winning powerball, I'm about as fulfilled as I can imagine.
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:00 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Short of winning powerball, I'm about as fulfilled as I can imagine.

What exactly, Wilso, would winning the powerball do to render you more fulfilled? I have never bought one lottery ticket in my life because winning would scare me witless and shitless.

Nearly everybody has a gorgeous wife and the most beautiful children in the world.

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:51 am
@spendius,
I can't right now afford to travel each week to a different exotic dive location. A large lottery win would enable me to do so.

As for the gorgeous wife & most beustiful kids in the world, the difference between myself and most people is, I can prove it.

(Pics will be deleted within 24 hours).

http://i57.tinypic.com/2cib2mh.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/29lz5w9.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:53 am
@Wilso,
Delete them now. You won't be able to after 15 minutes.
Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:56 am
@izzythepush,
Can't delete the post, but I can delete the pictures from the referenced page. That works.
PS. Sorry I stretched the thread.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 07:59 am
@Wilso,
Don't post pictures of your wife and kids just to prove a point. There's some pretty sick people out there. One poster constantly tried to get me to post a picture of my son by claiming I was a childless fantasist. I really don't want to think what his motivation was.
Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
Should be gone in minutes.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't post pictures of your wife and kids just to prove a point. There's some pretty sick people out there. One poster constantly tried to get me to post a picture of my son by claiming I was a childless fantasist. I really don't want to think what his motivation was.

That's the reason I don't put any personal info on the web. Nobody even knows what City I live in any more. And Oz is a damned big country.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:05 am
@Wilso,
Most people live on the coast though.
Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Most people live on the coast though.

And we've only got 10 000 km of that.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 08:54 am
People tell me I must be crazy to post pics of me and my location (below) around the net in case some lust-crazed female stalker zeroes in on me and takes me prisoner at gunpoint and keeps me chained in her cellar as her slave.
Huh, I should be so lucky..Smile

Romeo-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mkldeg.jpg~original

Romeo's location in Plymouth UK-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Sutt-myplace.gif~original

Romeo's home (arrowed)-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Goog-BarbB.gif~original
margo

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 02:39 pm
Romeo

I was in Plymouth in December - and you avoided me! Crying or Very sad

...but then, I've met Wilso...!