What is the best route to go into military aviation?

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 01:58 pm
I am a high school junior and I am very much interested in going into aviation in the U.S. military. I am a U.S. Naval Sea Cadet and so Naval aviation and the helicopter route is (at least for now) at the top of my list. I am planning on going to a regular college (not academy) after high school and am looking into the NROTC, or ROTC in general, route to hopefully lead into eventually becoming a pilot. My grandfather is a pilot and I occassionally fly with him (since I was little) and we are also looking into flight lessons over the summer. I am just curious if what I am planning on doing would work or wouldn't work or even just any tips or advice anybody would have regarding this. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,457 • Replies: 2
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 02:08 pm
@NOLANBUCK,
Have you talked to a recruiter? That's the only advice that I have other than the obvious (study aviation).
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 05:16 pm
@NOLANBUCK,
Along with what maxdancona advises, try this article. It will give you some helpful information.

https://www.thebalance.com/becoming-a-navy-pilot-3354833

0 Replies