WE HAVE A GHOST!

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:39 am
One day, shortly after buying our first house, our new neighbor mentioned that there was a ghost of an old woman in our house. She apparently slipped on a patch of ice while taking out the garbage and could not get back up. She froze to death right there on the sidewalk.

I decided not to tell my wife that story so that she wouldn't freak out. Well a few weeks later she started telling me stories about her being in a room and swearing that somebody would walk by the door. She would call my name and go look in the other room but nobody would be there.

It happened a few times but she always just wrote it off as her imagination playing tricks on her. Eventually she started to get freaked out and I told her what our neighbor told me. We haven't heard from her since. We think it is because we are taking good care of the house after the previous owners trashed the place.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
As for the former owners ,
they bought the house when it was built in 1971. They reciently divorced and sold the house about 3 years ago. They were alive then.. I dont know about now.
I have seen/heard that babies attract spirits as they are the only ones who acknowledge thier presence.
Maybe mr or mrs ghost was simply enjoying bean's presence?
0 Replies

fallen angel2

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:24 am
We have a ghost in our apartment too... it seems to come and and go for a few months at a time... my husband and I will suddenly be sporting identical scratches down our chests and bruises in weird spots on our bodies... but the children are left completely alone... several times our surround sound speakers have gone flying....
I don't mind as my house growing up was rumored to be haunted and I came to peace with the idea as a child...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:34 am
It makes sense that children attract ghosts. Could it be someone from either of your families who has an interest in looking after bean? Or maybe someone who has an attachment to the land the house was built on?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:36 am
It has crossed my mind that it is her grandpa.
He died a month before she was born.
I wouldnt be a bit surprised.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
We haven't heard from her since. We think it is because we are taking good care of the house after the previous owners trashed the place.

rock salt in the winter.
use plenty of rock salt...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:54 pm
ahhh.. my suspicions are that this house ghost might be beans grandpa.........!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:14 pm
I've had a few incidences that have tweeked my imagination before...but shewolf, yours give me cold chills...lol

My parents had moved from here and rented a house by an old sawmills years ago. I hated that house with a passion. I didn't even like being in during the day....not even with my mother. But they had a few things happen that were never explained. One was the night my mother went into her bedroom w/o the light on to think the floor was moving. Come to find out the carpet was covered with red wasp working it over. The next thing were they were taken over with fleas. And were talkin' major flea problem. Then it seemed like it was ants everywhere. I kept telling my mother that it wasn't meant for them to live in this house. The night that she went to bed and my dad was on patrol...and she heard him come home, crawl into bed with her...when she rolled over, he wasn't there.....she decided that I might be right. EWWWw, just makes me shiver!!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:15 pm
vry so often, we have foosteps on the back stair way. The kids always got creeped out cause the staair curves its way up to the third floor. You cannot see your destination till you get halfway up the stairs. weve made up stories about our own poltergeist. Nobody, me included. has ever slept in one of the two rooms up there. Even with the little fireplace going its cold up there, maybe the peak vents have something to do with that.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:16 pm
THAT would give me a witch-y hard on!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:20 pm
>key the twillight zone music<

I believe that people visit. Some are nice and some aren't so nice.

Have you ever walked into a room and got a whiff of something familiar to you? Or your sitting there and all of a sudden the smell hits you in the face, and it'll remind you of a loved one that has past on?

Here lately, I have been having problems keeping my pens in my pen cup on my computer desk. Everyday, I have come home to a cluttered up desk, paper throwed everywhere and pens piled up. I have blamed the kids, the husband and they just look at me like I'm nuts. My friend told me the other day that she wondered who was visiting me? Well.....if I had to take a guess, I'd think it was my father, his birthday was in late Dec and he died in Jan...6 years ago. He was a scribbler...lol Makes sense, but who knows?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:23 pm
Very true. Noone knows. And we always wish it were someone we knew....but.. ya never know. ;-)
My grandmother always smelled like lavander.
That smell used to -appear- out of nowhere for a while after she died. it stopped here not too long ago.
I have my suspicions why.. but ( sigh) oh well. :-)
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:25 pm
I kinda think its sweet. I can't explain my Papaw's smell, but for years after he died, I could smell it. (I would say him, but can hear the jokes about dead men..lol)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:51 pm
My daughter rented a house in Denver that was definitelly haunted.

There were stairs to the second floor, and on the way up the stairs, my daughter had pictures of family and friends on the wall. One night they came home to find all the pictures lined up on the floor, in perfect alignment, {as they were hung on the wall} but the glass was cracked.

There were many other instances of ghosts present, but the one above was the one that freaked her out.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:43 pm
That would FREAK me out.
0 Replies