Britney Spears Pregnant

Gargamel

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
Remember when we were all waiting for Britney to turn 18?

Well, if it's a girl, I'm ready to wait another 18 years, because I'm THAT much of a romantic. So, let it be known, I got dibs on Britney's daughter.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:43 pm
Careful what you wish for. Look what happened to Cher's daughter!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:21 pm
You mean the one she had with SONNY BONO?
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 04:27 pm
pragmatic wrote:
That is true - my supervisor had to go thru this trouble of trying to have a child artificially (is that the right phrase?) and she is a great mother...really really really - what kind of mother would BS make???

Shocked Trying to have a baby artificially? I'm either reading that wrong or The thought of a baby growing in a lab environment, in special tanks filled with amneo fluid is unsettling to me. No thanks!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 04:32 pm
I remember when Madonna (Britney's mentor) first got pregnant. I kinda thought that was appalling, too. Well, this too shall pass...
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 04:45 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
I remember when Madonna (Britney's mentor) first got pregnant. I kinda thought that was appalling, too. Well, this too shall pass...

She's either going to be a good mother or not. Only time will tell. Actually, I find it interesting that people are so interested in what these "stars" do in their lives. Do people wish that they could be that "beautiful" or wish that they could have all of that money and attention? I don't get it.

I may not have all of the material things these people do, but I'm more than content with Sam, our two dogs and six cats. I don't want poparrozzi taking pictures of my personal doings or interfering with my life. I prefer personal photos taken by family and friends.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 06:01 pm
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Meanwhile, in the Global Village those who choose to court the favor of the mob are doomed to have the favor of the mob.

Some whore for greatness--and pay.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 06:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Meanwhile, in the Global Village those who choose to court the favor of the mob are doomed to have the favor of the mob.

Some whore for greatness--and pay.

Or not
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 07:14 pm
She'll carry the baby around in her purse, like Paris does with her rat, er, dog. But the baby will have a wicked cool trucker baseball cap on crooked.

Actually, who cares about the damn baby?

I'm still waiting for her career to go down the crapper so I can see her in Playboy.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 11:25 pm
Wiyaka wrote:
pragmatic wrote:
That is true - my supervisor had to go thru this trouble of trying to have a child artificially (is that the right phrase?) and she is a great mother...really really really - what kind of mother would BS make???

Shocked Trying to have a baby artificially? I'm either reading that wrong or The thought of a baby growing in a lab environment, in special tanks filled with amneo fluid is unsettling to me. No thanks!

No growing a baby artificially isnt the right way to put it... IVF is a better way were they implant the sperm into the uterus with the egg to give it a better chnace of survival.... no artificially grown in a lab???? it aint there fault that they cant have babies naturally i think it is great because usually the parents that cant have kids want them the most....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 09:28 am
Not to disparage any parents--or any who aspire to be parents--but simply wanting children doesn't guarantee common sense in raising children.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 10:20 am
Yes.

Quite a difference between wanting to be a parent and wanting to raise a child.

Like the difference between wanting to be an author and wanting to write.

Or the difference between wanting to be a rock star and wanting to sing.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:18 am
Very true.

On the other hand, if everyone knew exactly what they were getting themselves into by having children, humankind might die out very quickly.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 09:02 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Yes.

Quite a difference between wanting to be a parent and wanting to raise a child.

I believe that if someone wants to be something very desperatley then even though they may not be ready or qualified etc etc.... i think that anyone can strive and do a great job..... i know lots of people that werent exactly ready to become parents but they have worked hard, read books, gone to groups and have become very successful, fun loving parents...

cheeki
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 10:56 pm
More concerning to me is the lousy guy that Britney married. What a chump! After seeing how much Brittany attends to her dog, I suspect she'll at least try to do her best with her baby - but her husband, whatshisname, K-Fed (catchy!) - what a creep! I have NO doubt that he'll be a lousy father - even if he sticks around long enough for the birth.

I've never interfered in the personal lives of my kids, but they both know that if they brought home someone like him I'd have to come up with a plan to get rid of him... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

White Knight

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 12:37 pm
If he sticks around?
He will as long as he knows where the money is coming from and you can bet your life he's "acquired" a nice lifestyle the last couple of years. Call me a cynic but getting the girl pregnant was probably a sound strategy the way he thinks about it. Sad but true.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 12:54 pm
I'm no fan of Brittany, but becoming a mother has a way of instantly changing a person. She just may just well be a great mother.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:17 pm
Cheeki-Bri wrote:
IVF is a better way were they implant the sperm into the uterus with the egg to give it a better chnace of survival.... no artificially grown in a lab???? it aint there fault that they cant have babies naturally i think it is great because usually the parents that cant have kids want them the most....

Yes - IVF! That is the right word! Gosh, now I realise how stupid artifically sounds, reminds me of GMF!! Laughing

I can defintly say that my supervisor wanted a baby very badly - she's divorced now (ex husband was very violent) and she has never remarried or gone into another relationship - she's devoted to her child. Very Happy
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:18 pm
Montana wrote:
She just may just well be a great mother.

I know you mean well Montana Very Happy , but having listened to all the rumors about BS...wishful thinking!

Then again - I am no future teller. Lets hope for the baby's sake you are right. :wink:
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:34 pm
I didn't even read much of this thread, but I have something to say.

Just let her be, people.

Older folks, with all their maturity and life experience, are always trying to teach and to guide the young without thinking that when they were young they were the exact same way.

Older folks tried to guide you and prevent you from doing the same mistakes they had done in the past... and you, listened to some, but didn't listen to them all. It's a cycle and it'll always be this way.

She has worked really hard and built herself a networth that many people envy. She can do whatever she wants with her life. If she thinks she's ready to have a baby, well, she's going to have a baby. I don't judge her upon her decision.

So many of you (I'm really generalizing this) have had babies in circumstances in which you shouldn't have had and it turned out just fine. Some even didn't.

One thing she's got it down. Financial stability. Which nowadays seems to essential to having a child. The rest will come together side by side with motherhood.
0 Replies