Roommates and apartment leases

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:45 pm
My roommate moved in with me about 9 months ago. Yes she signed the lease. well 3 months after she signed the lease, she got pregnant. The baby is almost here. i dont want a baby living with me keeping me up all night every night and im toooooo busy to put up with a baby in the apartment and there isnt any room what so ever for a baby, i wont be able to handle the stress. Is there any way i can legaly break the lease and make her move out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 647 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:11 pm
Unless there is some provision in the lease as to the number of people that would be allowed I don't know if there is much you can do. Most states provide some legal protections to people that prevents them from being evicted strictly on the basis of having children. You'd have to check your state's (and maybe city's) rent laws and see what they say.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
I think you're stuck. Unless you want to move out.

And if she got pregnant 3 months into the lease, then by the time the baby is born, you should only have to deal with her for a few weeks, at most. Then, find a new place. Unless, of course, you signed for more than 1 year.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:17 am
Imagine how "the boyfriend"(sperm donor) must feel.
0 Replies