No Signal Input

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:14 pm
Hey, my parents are having a problem with their computer... When they try to start it up it just gives them a black screen and in the corner it says "No Signal Input"... It's in blue font I guess, and they had this problem before, and someone told them they needed a new internet card, and I guess that fixed it temporarily... they had the hard drive cleaned and rebooted, and now it's doing it again... is it some sort of virus? or is the computer obsolete?

Let me know what yah guys think I do can do to help them!!!!
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 707 • Replies: 4
No top replies

nighthawk

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:34 pm
This is the monitor reporting that it isnt recieving a signal from the computer. Check that the monitor is connected to the graphics card properly, and that the card itself is firmly seated in the motherboard.

If the card is not seated correctly or is defective the computer should issue a series of beeps when turned on., however if everything is connected properly you might want to try installing a friends graphics card, and testing your card in their system to see if the problem is indeed the card.

This problem has nothing to do with internet cards, its the graphics card that is the problem here.
0 Replies

IronMan2007

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 05:42 pm
So it might be the video card? Well they didn't mention anything about the beeping noise, cause I asked them to tell me everything that happened when they turned it on... but I'll ask them tomorrow... but if it's not the graphics card, then what else could it be? Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for the advice nighthawk! hopefully that will work
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:02 pm
If you are getting a "No Signal" message on the monitor and it isn't the video card then you either have a monitor problem or the cable connecting the monitor and video card is defective. There are very few other possibilities.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
I've run into this with customers before....

I suspect the problem is confusion between the power button on the computer and the power button on the monitor. They are getting this message when they only turn on the monitor.

They need to push the power button on both the monitor and the computer.
0 Replies