NEED HELP can't find CD to install HP printer - please help!

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
Ugh. I made a post here a few months ago thrilled about my HP photosmart 7760.

Well, I moved to a new place, unpacked everything, and can't find the CD!!! I am VERY detail-oriented, so everything I unpacked was put "in its place." I think I lost it at my old place.

Anways, I remember the person who came to hook up my computer said there are hackers or people who are always in the same situation, and people have put up links to where you can download what you need when situations like this happen.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy or get the CD to install my printer. I found EVERY manual and piece of installation paper that came with the printer BUT the CD itself.

I don't want to tell my fiance because he's the one who bought this printer for me a few months ago, and I don't want to come off like I didn't appreciate it (so I lost the CD). Just want it installed before he comes home.

Thanks Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 695 • Replies: 2
No top replies

nighthawk

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 11:30 am
Losing the CD is no big deal these days, all the companies make the software available on their websites. So if ever you lose a disk again, drop by the manufacturers site (HP.com in this case) and click "drivers + support" and you will find the driver you need.

In your case, go here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=305375&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=7&lang=en&cc=us

Then select the opeating system you are using to download the driver you need.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:50 pm
ahh. you are great. so glad this was easier than i thought it would be.
0 Replies