Does Anyone Know of a PC Problems Troubleshooter Book

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:23 pm
I was wondering if anyone knows of any book that has troubleshooting solutions for computer problems. I'm not sure if any such product exsists, but if anyone knows of one, or anything similar, I will appreciate the help. Any kind of step-by-step problems manual would suffice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 874 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 07:45 am
I doubt this is the case, but if you're looking for a book that describes every problem & error message you might run into, and exactly what you should do to remedy it, no such book exists.

I'm sure there are good books out there for step-by-step computer troubleshooting (I've never seen one I'd recommend, though...hopefully someone else can), but IMHO the biggest factor that helps PC hardware/software techs is knowing how everything works together...coz then you know where to start looking & what you can rule out.

To that end, I would recommend the A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide 5th edition by Michael Meyers. It's the #1 selling A+ book (A+ being the most widely recognized PC repair tech cert), and an older edition I read was both in-depth & explained things well. ...it's 1200 pages, though.
0 Replies

Lusatian

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 11:06 am
I really appreciate the help Monger. Sorry for the late reply. Military missions took me away for a while. I checked out the book you recommended and thought it would be just the thing for me. Unfortunately, I'm purchasing the book for another. One who lack even the rudimentary knowledge that I have on computers. I settled for the Upgrading and Troubleshooting PC's for Dummies. She likes it so far. Thanks again.
0 Replies