Former Chinese 'dissendent' died

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Secondly, what happened is that I posted an article related to widespread suppression of free speech in Russia, ...

Since I started this thread about a dissident in China - may I ask you how that is related?

I've learnt that for some Americans all outside the USA is the same, but China and Russia are really quite different, not only geographically.

But perhaps you start your own thread about that?

Since few others here appear to be very interested, I took it upon myself to make a couple of posts about systematic suppression of basic rights in major industrialized countries. Also, truthfully, I wanted to see the lefties jump in and say, "Oh, yeah, well America sucks just as bad."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Since few others here appear to be very interested, I took it upon myself to make a couple of posts about systematic suppression of basic rights in major industrialized countries. Also, truthfully, I wanted to see the lefties jump in and say, "Oh, yeah, well America sucks just as bad."

Well, fine.

But I don't like it that you hijacked my thread for that purpose.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:27 am
@Brandon9000,
But speaking about Russia: you didn't post in my threads about 'democracy', journalist killings etc either.

I've wondered already here before why you suddenly get such an interest in this - but missed all the years back.

Okay, back to the topic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:27 am
@Brandon9000,
I responded to brandon's name calling and further diverted the thread. I apologize, walter.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 10:42 am
@edgarblythe,
No problem, edgar.

(Actually, I don't have a problem with Brandon's opinion neither - but just not here. And I'm wondering why ...)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, fine.

But I don't like it that you hijacked my thread for that purpose.

I have had my threads hijacked mercilessly, with no respect whatever by people on the left since the day I began posting opinions on A2K years ago, and this thread was dead in 2005. I suspect that if I researched it, I could find instances of you hijacking my political threads. I wonder if you would have said that if I had posted about how awful America is. However, I actually do have some sense or propriety, so I will cease posting new items in this thread other than in response to other people's posts.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:47 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I responded to brandon's name calling and further diverted the thread. I apologize, walter.

I have searched this thread and cannot find any example of me calling anyone a name other than "lefties" or one reference to the "blame America first crowd." What names? What are you talking about?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Oh poor innocent me.
I am not going to hijack the thread further for this childish crap.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I have had my threads hijacked mercilessly, with no respect whatever by people on the left since the day I began posting opinions on A2K years ago, and this thread was dead in 2005. I suspect that if I researched it, I could find instances of you hijacking my political threads. I wonder if you would have said that if I had posted about how awful America is. However, I actually do have some sense or propriety, so I will cease posting new items in this thread other than in response to other people's posts.

Well, dear Brandon, you're really a sad poor man.

Certainly you can do a search about when and why and often I hijacked your numerous threads.
Do tell me the result, please.

But for now: have a nice new year - and either follow this thread (correct: it has dead since 2005 ... your interest in international politics must have had a sudden birth at the end of 2009) or do leave it.

Thanks.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, dear Brandon, you're really a sad poor man.

Certainly you can do a search about when and why and often I hijacked your numerous threads.
Do tell me the result, please.

But for now: have a nice new year - and either follow this thread (correct: it has dead since 2005 ... your interest in international politics must have had a sudden birth at the end of 2009) or do leave it.

Thanks.

Well, I've learned something. I've just done the research and my political threads are routinely hijacked by liberals, but not by you. As for my "sudden" interest in international politics, I have had numerous threads on the subject since I've been here, many of which I've just seen.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:39 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, I've learned something. I've just done the research and my political threads are routinely hijacked by liberals, but not by you. As for my "sudden" interest in international politics, I have had numerous threads on the subject since I've been here, many of which I've just seen.

It's certainly the fact that English is not my native language.
But I've tried to explain above that I've started some threads about the situation in Russia - and this about China - and I can't notice any response of you, Brandon, besides NOW on this thread.

So I'm really interested in your numerous threads about Russia and China.
I'll certainly look there ...
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

It's certainly the fact that English is not my native language.
But I've tried to explain above that I've started some threads about the situation in Russia - and this about China - and I can't notice any response of you, Brandon, besides NOW on this thread.

So I'm really interested in your numerous threads about Russia and China.
I'll certainly look there ...

Must your position depend on misrepresenting my words? I said numerous threads on international politics. I didn't say numerous threads on Russia and China. However, here is a thread of mine on China. You can see the incredible interest it aroused on A2K.

http://able2know.org/topic/118765-1
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 04:17 pm
@Brandon9000,
Well, any idea, Brandon, when, from wat country and how many lawmakers travel to China ... ?

From Germany alone, in 2009, ... Okay, it's not USA. And it were "liberals" and greens. Sorry. I should have responded to your thread and applauded. My bad.
0 Replies