Meet The Fockers

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 06:17 pm
I realize I'm behind the curve but we just went and saw it. My God it was hilarious. One of the few sequels as good as the original IMO.

We've been Fockerized.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,190 • Replies: 21
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:17 pm
I'm going to see it on Friday...glad you thought it was as good as Meet the...

Gaylord Focker...so funny! Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:20 pm
Forgot to add:

I wonder if there is anyone out there really called Gaylord Focker? If there is...they have to be American!

Like when they had to actually find a Pussy Galour (and they did...guess where?) for Goldfinger!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:25 pm
I haven't seen it yet, but got a free t-shirt from a trade show my dad went to recently.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:40 pm
smorgs wrote:
Forgot to add:

I wonder if there is anyone out there really called Gaylord Focker? If there is...they have to be American!

The name Focker (in different varieties) is fairly common in the Netherlands and Germany - I doubt, however, 'Gaylord' as first name :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 06:07 pm
I brought home Meet the Parents. After about twenty or less minutes I shut it off and donated the DVD to the apartments library.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:17 pm
Gaylord is a legitimate name here. It was Focker that I thought was contrived.

Funnier now that I know there are real Fockers.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:28 am
I've been Fockerized as well. I saw it last night and laughed my ass off the entire movie.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:34 am
How could one ever doubt there are real Fockers? I'm sure there really are a few Martha Fockers... Somewhere Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:38 am
Love "Meet the Parents," and I have nearly worn out that DVD. Saw "Meet the Fockers," and while I thought it was funny, and will definitely get the DVD, my initial impression was it was not quite up to par with the original.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:33 am
And for me it was the exact opposite Tico
I found "Meet the Parents" a bit boring but loved "Meet the
Fockers". This is one of the rare occasion where the
sequel is better than the original movie.

Barbra Streisand finally has found her true role again,
she's a great comedian, and should stick to that.

My 2 cents (minus salestax)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
I agree she should stick to that, and keep her mouth shut when not acting.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:42 am
So she should never sing again?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:44 am
If she can sing without talking, that would be fine with me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:01 pm
I'm not a big fan of Streisand's acting. Love "What's Up Doc" with Ryan O'Neal -- very funny. Had a group over to screen the film in the 70's and unfortunately served red wine which took another day to clean up off the floor. Didn't particularly like her Dolly, after seeing Carol Channing turn the role on state. She does have a good set of pipes however.

Of course, you know you'll never get your wish that she won't publicly speak out on politics. If she were to stop, could we possibly have Mel Gibson stop questioning the war in Iraq?
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:56 pm
A hockey arena in Nashville is called the Gaylord centre or place or something like that. Maybe it was named after someone.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:24 pm
Saw Dustin Hoffman on Brit TV this morning, he said they DID have to find someone with the name before they were allowed to use it...in Canada! Laughing

They also found someone called Focking!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
In case anyone was interested...I thought this was funny.....

Gaylord Focker

Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:02 pm
smorgs wrote:

They also found someone called Focking!

I had a teacher with this name.

Actually, I thing, Dutch/German (or Germanic, to be more general) names make (or better here, too, made) quite some sense to people who speak/spoke this language.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 11:15 am
Walter,

When I was at school, we really did (people always think I'm joking) have a dentist (on York Rd in Chorlton) called Dr Frankenstein, I think he was German. It must have affected his patient list as he changed his name to Frankham.
0 Replies